ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite places to eat

Go down 
+9
Miles
OneHappyCookie
TX_CO_Matt
mina
Edwards1984
Marycita
Toro
Strider1002
Ethnog
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ethnog

Ethnog

Favorite places to eat Empty
PostSubject: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:39 pm

What is your favorite place (s) to eat?

What is your least favorite (s) place to eat?

Sometimes I like places not because of the food but because it reminds me of my childhood or a special time I had there in the past.

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:51 pm

There's a Japanese place I like to go to, for the sushi, when I can afford it.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:53 pm

There's this restaurant in Great Lakes Crossings mall called Myakos. My friend Steve and I go there whenever we can, which is about every six months since it's like $25 a dinner there. But for some odd reason, we started calling it Myotas. I remember the first time we went. I had just started a diet (this was like five years ago) and we were walking around the mall (it's a full mile all the way around) and we were talking about getting Subway for lunch. Well, we walked by Myakos and said, "it's a Japanese steakhouse. It's gotta be healthy" which was our excuse for trying it. We go in and it's the BEST food in the world. One of those places that cooks it in front of you. And the cooks are funny.

Like he'll say, "Japanese egg roll!" and roll an egg around on the grill before flipping it on his spatula. It's so cool. But the name Myotas has always stuck.

The funny part is how awesome their fried rice is...best fried rice ever. So I decided I was going to try and make it at home. They wheel out a cart of the food to be cooked. So I see them throw the rice onto the grill and fry it up. So I take some rice, throw it into the pan and try to mimic what I see. I taste it and it's very crunchy. My friend Steve came over for a visit and I asked him to taste it. He goes, "did you cook the rice?" I said, "yeah, I threw it in the pain with some oil like they do at Myotas. Fried it up with soy sauce and garlic powder." "No, did you boil the rice before frying it in the pain?"

Me: :shock: 
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm

Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:15 pm

Best place for me: Planet Hollywood in NY, I don't know how their food is every day. Im sure the cook has everything to do with it, but the time I ate there, BEST burger of my life (coming from me that means something as I have had SOOOOO many burgers in my life) The BBQ bacon cheddar burger was SOOOOOO good it was actually worth the price. (So good that if I had a constant supply of those, it would knock tacos from my number one favorite food)

Worst place: Pick a McDonald's on ANY corner, that's the one.
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:21 pm

I love Chipotle - anything mexican really. Or Chinese.

I can't stand Olive Garden anymore...made me ill.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:29 pm

Marycita wrote:
I love Chipotle - anything mexican really. Or Chinese.

I can't stand Olive Garden anymore...made me ill.

Thank you, I hate Olive Garden with a passion! Its cheap and nasty.

I have a lot of favorite places but the one I went to last year 1810 Argentinean restaurant
is amazing.
They have a burger (hamburgusa) that to die for and their skirt steak with mashed potatoes melts in your mouth good!

My most favorite place is called Next Door Tapas. I go there every year for my birthday. The bartender makes amazing mojitos. And they have these mini-burgers that are so so good. Its crazy good! But so very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Edwards1984

Edwards1984

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Chipotle and Chick-Fil-A are two of my all time favorite places to eat. I also like to try to find a good local Chinese restaurant to frequent. There's one here in Norfolk, and they know me by name - in fact, they knew me so well that when I was gone for 2-3 years, they immediately asked me upon coming back, "Hey! Where ya been?"

Least favorite places? Most of the time I have problems with individual locations more so than I do chains, but the top least favorite would be McDonald's. Too many bad experiences with customer service and the quality of food, and though the food itself is so-so, I feel guilty eating it. Also, why are so many fast food places jumping on the coffee shop bandwagon? You serve greasy burgers...there's a little something in art and architecture called "form follows function." Stop trying to be classy and gimme more fries. Then there's Golden Corral...haven't eaten there in years, mainly because every time I do I feel like I'm the thinnest person in there.

Last edited by Edwards1984 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://designofprovidence.blogspot.com
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 pm

I always see commericals for Golden Corral and wonder how bad it really is...

Oh and I hate BJs as well. The food is beyond disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Ethnog wrote:
I always see commericals for Golden Corral and wonder how bad it really is...

I've had it a few times, IMO it's blah food.... imagine TV dinner style food and you've had the Golden Corral experience. Its not so bad you would rather eat your foot to stay alive, but.... it doesn't taste much better than if you had.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:25 am

My favorite places are Thai restaurants- I have a favorite in my hometown (Thai Palace), a favorite in my new neighborhood (Baan Thai), and a favorite in my new state (BKNY thai). I also love Alice's tea cup. My favorite fast food is Chick fil a ; which is not in this state. I have a favorite Japanese place for takeout (New Tokyo).

I can't stand most chain or fast food restaurants. I think the food is too salty and portions are too big.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 1:37 am

Favorites
Places in Houston: Gringo's, Freebirds, Cheddar's, Pappas/Pappadeaux, Central Texas BBQ

Places in Abilene: Los Arcos, Bonzai, Belle's, Little Panda, Wholly Cow

Places in general: Whataburger, Buffalo Wild Wings, Olive Garden, Texas Roadhouse

Least Favorites
Wendy's, McDonald's, this place here called Taco Bueno
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 am

Faves: Panera, Whataburger, Taco Bueno, Rainforest Cafe, Olive Garden, and Dunkin'.

Local to Vermont: Heritage Deli and P&H Truckstop.

I haven't found any local places that I love yet here.

I have found a good fro-yo place though. It's called Frozen Berry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Favorite fast food: Taco Villa, Schlotzsky's
Favorite sit down: Johnny Carino's
Favorite breakfast: IHOP
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: The Burger
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Home is my favorite place to eat. It's generally healthier and less expensive.

I also like diners, Mexican restaurants, Italian restaurants, food co-ops, and little specialty shops.

My least favorite would have to be McDonalds, but I'll eat there if I'm pressed for time and there aren't other viable options.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:04 am

For burgers there is a few places I like:
Aj's Dinner (So, so good!)
Frisco Burgers
Papa Burger

For Mexican:
The Little Dinner
Leo's
JJ's
Speedy Gonzalez

For Chinese:
Pretty much anywhere... it all tastes the same to me.

For hot wings:
Wing stop!

For Pizza:
Pizza Hut
Peter Piper
Kings Mana

For Italian:
Italian Kitchen (I'm not sure if it's a local thing or not, but they have their restaurant in an actual house and it tastes a whole lot better than Olive Garden.)
My aunts house (I mean my actual aunt!)

Other places I like:
Subway!
Chilli's
Applebee's
DJ's Deli
Wendy's

Back to top Go down
Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Swiss Chalet
Terriyaki Experience
Korean BBQ
Green Basil
Works Burger
Pickle Barrel
The Keg
Back to top Go down
http://onecrossstreet.blogspot.ca/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:31 pm

OneHappyCookie wrote:
Faves: Panera, Whataburger, Taco Bueno, Rainforest Cafe, Olive Garden, and Dunkin'.

Local to Vermont: Heritage Deli and P&H Truckstop.

I haven't found any local places that I love yet here.

I have found a good fro-yo place though. It's called Frozen Berry.

I love how you haven't been in Texas for a year, and Whataburger is already on your list.

I HATE Taco Bueno though.

There's a place called Babe's in your area that's really good. Also, it's called...it's a Mexican place, I think of the name later later and edit this post.

Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 am

I live in Texas and I don't like Whataburger however, everything they promote on tv looks so darn good. lol

Their grilled chicken salad is delicious... expensive for me though, because I only eat half. And you can't really save salad for later. Boo!
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 am

PinkSweetart wrote:
I live in Texas and I don't like Whataburger

BLASPHEMY!
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:32 am

I dis like Five Guys Burgers. I'm on another forum and most people there LOVE 5 guys and rave about them so I was excited to try them. They have good fries; but the burgers are just eh; nothing really special.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am

Really? I thought their burgers are better than their fries. At least the one here is that way. Their fries are WAY to greasy and soggy. Fries are supposed to be crisp!
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 am

5 Guys is one of those places I would never choose to eat there, but if I was with a group that decided to go there, I'd eat it.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:29 pm

Breakfast Likes:
IHop
Cracker Barrel

Lunch:
McDonalds (yes, I like McDonalds...I like the Cherry Berry Chiller more than anything)
Chik-Fil-A (AMAZING milkshakes and waffle fries...don't eat the sandwiches though; always get a spicy chicken wrap)
There's a yummy Thai place in FWB that I like to go to.

Dinner:
McGuire's Irish Pub BEST burgers and steaks ever!!! Not to mention it's a GREAT place to hang out and have fun with a group of friends.
Chili's
The Melting Pot (even though I think I make better fondue)
There's a great hibatchi restaurant in Destin, Osakas. It's so fun and so yummy! Sushi is always good there too.
There's a "fast food" hibatchi place in my town but they don't cook it in front of you. Their sushi is yummy too.
I don't know the name of the place but my friends and I call it the "Jesus Loves You Chicken Place". It's a super cute place that has "JESUS LOVES YOU!" signs all over the place. Very Happy

Places I don't like:
KFC
Golden Corral
Taco Bell
Applebee's (soooo burnt out!)
Olive Garden
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:54 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
Really? I thought their burgers are better than their fries. At least the one here is that way. Their fries are WAY to greasy and soggy. Fries are supposed to be crisp!

The one I ate at had crisp fries. The burgers weren't bad, but I didn't think they deserved rave reviews. I don't think I'll eat there again. I have found a burger place that I LOVE and the burgers are amazing: Bobby's Burger Palace. It's Bobby Flays place and they also make turkey burgers. They have amazing burger toppings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite places to eat   Favorite places to eat Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite places to eat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: