ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holiday plans and traditions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

Holiday plans and traditions Empty
PostSubject: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:08 pm

Jess's Canadian Thanksgiving thingy made me think of this. What are your plans for an upcoming holiday? What do you normally do? What kind of quirky traditions do you or your family have?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 pm

We have(had) delicious turkey dinner and pumpkin pie. We don't have any specific traditions for Thanksgiving per say, just a big dinner with aunt uncles, cousins and grandparents talking and catching up.
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:19 pm

Nothing particularly quirky, but my extended family does get together. It's all very traditional. We generally meet at a family member's house, and have turkey, stuffing, green beans, potatoes, and cranberry sauce while seated at a formal dinner table with good china and silverware. Decorations match the theme of whatever holiday we're celebrating. For instance, the centerpiece at Thanksgiving dinner might include a pineapple dressed up as a turkey, surrounded by vintage pilgrim candles from the '30s. When I was little, the men used to wear jackets and ties, and the women wore dresses Nowadays, it's a little more casual, but no jeans and t-shirts. Button-down shirts and nice sweaters are more expected. Not that jackets and ties or dresses would be out of place, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 1:09 am

^A pineapple dressed as a turkey? This is genius I am sad I didn't think of tonight.
Your family dinners may seem traditional, but I am glad to see you have your own flare lol.

On Sunday our immediate family does the big feast together, without the turkey. So, mashed-a-tatoes, asparagus, brussel sprouts, carrots, stuffing, ham and of course millions of pies.

Then on Monday we go to my Oma's house and celebrate...the German way. Lol. Turkey, and random non-traditional dishes. We'll see what yummy things she has prepared for tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for dumplings and goulash. Mmm
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 am

For Thanksgiving we'll probably be hanging out at my brother's house in Seattle, not sure what my sister-in-law will be cooking, I'm guessing turkey but I don't really know. One or two of my roommates might be coming out with me for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holiday plans and traditions   Holiday plans and traditions Empty

Back to top Go down

Holiday plans and traditions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: