ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Myers Briggs Type Indicator

Go down 
+4
Miss Spaulding
Strider1002
Apricity
Dandelions in the Rain
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Myers Briggs Type Indicator Empty
PostSubject: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:32 am

What is your Myers Briggs type?

If you haven't taken the official test I found a free one on a site I discovered recently that I found was pretty accurate (a lot of the online ones are not accurate); though this one does only have "yes or no" questions rather than a scale which I would prefer for some questions.

Here's the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 5:57 am

Here's what I got. Copied and pasted it. =)

INFP: The Dreamer
The INFP has two contrary characteristics, curiosity and shyness. They need to be kept informed but not the centre of attention.

To the INFP life is a long quest for meaning and harmony and their personal values are so important to them. This means that it is essential to the INFP that their beliefs and their actions are totally in sync at all times. An INFP is unlikely to take any action which they don’t believe in their heart is right. Yet there is a crusading side to the INFP that would surprise even those who knew the person well. When a personal value, or belief is trodden on, then the INFP can become uncharacteristically outspoken but their values are usually so well hidden that the other person may not realise they have done so.

INFP Characteristics
The extreme depth of INFP feeling is often hidden, they have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything, even the most unlovable.

INFP Relationships
To others the INFP will seem like a gentle enigma, often displaying their reactions to their feelings, rather than their feelings.

INFP Careers
The INFP does not want to be constrained by rules and regulations, and they dislike the routine and don’t appreciate being micromanaged.

INFP At Work
INFPs are great at diffusing tension and ensuring that everyone has a voice, their authentic and caring nature means others trust them.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 am

I always find this stuff to be interesting! Smile

I got INTP. It is what I usually get for most online tests. I don't really trust tests as much, but this seemed pretty good, although for a lot of the questions I could have answered both, lol.

Have you studied the cognitive functions Dandy? I started studying them a year ago and those are really interesting, I was really skeptical of the MBTI tests and personality stuff until I got into the cognitive functions, then it all finally made some sense to me! Very Happy lol

According to cognitive functions, I think I'm somewhat borderline INTP/ISFJ. I'm still trying to study all this though, it is so interesting! I am not as much interested in typing myself as other people, I love observing people that I know and trying to figure out what cognitive functions they use, because then I can figure out better ways of communication with them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 9:37 am

I got:

INFP: The Dreamer
The INFP has two contrary characteristics, curiosity and shyness. They need to be kept informed but not the centre of attention.

To the INFP life is a long quest for meaning and harmony and their personal values are so important to them. This means that it is essential to the INFP that their beliefs and their actions are totally in sync at all times. An INFP is unlikely to take any action which they don’t believe in their heart is right. Yet there is a crusading side to the INFP that would surprise even those who knew the person well. When a personal value, or belief is trodden on, then the INFP can become uncharacteristically outspoken but their values are usually so well hidden that the other person may not realise they have done so.

INFP Characteristics
The extreme depth of INFP feeling is often hidden, they have the ability to see good in almost anyone or anything, even the most unlovable.

INFP Relationships
To others the INFP will seem like a gentle enigma, often displaying their reactions to their feelings, rather than their feelings.

INFP Careers
The INFP does not want to be constrained by rules and regulations, and they dislike the routine and don’t appreciate being micromanaged.

INFP At Work
INFPs are great at diffusing tension and ensuring that everyone has a voice, their authentic and caring nature means others trust them.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:18 am

I tried one of those tests once, but it seemed pointless because most of my answers were of the "neither agree nor disagree" variety.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:25 am

yeah the results of these tests always change for me. Sometimes I'm an extrovert and sometimes introvert. I think I'm right in the middle, so it's difficult to peg down. But I don't think you can put a person's personality in a box like this and peg them exactly. Most people who know me would say I'm extroverted, but I test "I" 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:38 am

You know, Tony, you yourself say that you're a shy person, so perhaps that would explain a bit why you always get different results. Shyness is almost always being mistook for introversion, and I think there are some elements to shyness that may feel similar to introversion when it's not. for you, taking this type of a test might very well depend on how you're feeling at the moment you take it.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:47 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:
You know, Tony, you yourself say that you're a shy person, so perhaps that would explain a bit why you always get different results. Shyness is almost always being mistook for introversion, and I think there are some elements to shyness that may feel similar to introversion when it's not. for you, taking this type of a test might very well depend on how you're feeling at the moment you take it.
This is very true, shyness is not introversion. It is all where you gain your energy from. According to definition of Myers Briggs, if you gain energy from your external world, you are an extrovert, and if you gain energy from your internal world, you are an introvert. So it doesn't even always have to do with being social.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 am

Yeah. I would say that I gain my energy from my internal world. As extroverted as I appear, I require some time away at times to think. It doesn't take me long at all to recharge and get back at it. But I need some time alone at times and prefer to be alone than in large groups. But when I am in a group or around people I love (like here), my personality does come out and I'm open and having fun comfortably.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Saucy you might be an ambivert.

Apricity wrote:
I always find this stuff to be interesting! Smile

I got INTP. It is what I usually get for most online tests. I don't really trust tests as much, but this seemed pretty good, although for a lot of the questions I could have answered both, lol.

Have you studied the cognitive functions Dandy? I started studying them a year ago and those are really interesting, I was really skeptical of the MBTI tests and personality stuff until I got into the cognitive functions, then it all finally made some sense to me! Very Happy lol

According to cognitive functions, I think I'm somewhat borderline INTP/ISFJ. I'm still trying to study all this though, it is so interesting! I am not as much interested in typing myself as other people, I love observing people that I know and trying to figure out what cognitive functions they use, because then I can figure out better ways of communication with them.
I never get the same answers on the online ones. I think they are usually not made very well. Also the yes or no thing doesn't work for me. I'm borderline F/T as well as N/S. And slightly P more than J. But because of that and because of the online tests being yes or no (and probably based around those letters more than functions) then I always get varying letters. I've only gotten E a few times. Just depends on mood. Razz I'm definitely very very Introverted though. As well as shy; but I have been more outgoing than other introverts I felt were less shy than me.
Anyway earlier this year things were happening and it felt like the way I looked at the world was changing and my attitude as well. And I was retaking the tests and each day it was something else because of my mood that day. I remembered one day I was thinking maybe I'm an INFJ instead of an INFP. And my sister who is an INFJ (I typed her as that well before she understood myers briggs and would get mad at me and say that's not what she was.. but she types her self as that now - I think she took the test too.) Anyway she sent me this video about the functions.

So I listened to each one and thought about which ones I actually used more.

In the past week or so I've been learning about all of the functions and I wonder why the online tests aren't more about the functions rather than about the letters.. which don't mean what they say exactly.

The description of the INFP is the one that I've always been able to relate with the most but some of the others I can relate with as well. The thing that always confused be about some descriptions of INFP is feelings. I don't show my feelings. So when some people described INFPs as emotional it made me wonder.. if they were just making it up or if other INFPs were more visibly emotional but then someone else said that INFPs actually hide their feelings very well. Razz Which fits me..
Anyway I find it crazy how much I can relate with the INFP descriptions. Some of the things that I am on the borderline does make some things different though.
btw INTP and ISFJ are pretty cool I can relate to both of those. ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Yeah I've had a hard time pinning down myself, much less taking a short test of "yes" and "no" answers. I really should find a more thorough test.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:40 pm

If I was in michigan with all my paper work I'd make you a personal test. Razz Its how I figured out mine originally (before the actual test results came back); as well as family members; and characters in my writings. Even some of my characters were borderline some letters and very very hard or impossible to type. But I had not considered functions much which does make a big difference.

When I figured out mine I knew I was borderline a few letters so I read all the descriptions of INFP; INTP; ISFP; ISTP; etc and chose the one I felt I could relate the most with. But in my experience the online tests are never very good. I really wanted to find a good one for people to take. I should learn programing so I can make my own. Razz

I'm weird... I was stressed out last night and so I just listened to youtube videos people made on types then decided to make this thread. Very Happy Its just really interesting to me; so it's relaxing. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Aww I'm sorry to hear you were stressed out. Hug

If you want to or are able, you can send me some stuff and I'll take the tests and send it back to you. I really would like a better understanding of myself.

And the more I was thinking about it today, as much as I get energized from myself and quiet time, I also get energized from others too. My needs involve being told that I'm cared about, love and appreciated. Words of affirmation do a lot for me. In order to keep writing, I need to be told I'm a good writer . I need to know friends like having me around and appreciate me. All of those require other people.

So it really is based upon the day I guess. I'm very random and spontaneous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah I think I'm an ENFP. Dandy showed me a video and it says they are the most introverted of the extraverts. Here's the video and it fits me perfectly (to those who are interested):

Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Lol. I didn't take the test. I already know what I'll get anyway. It's the same thing every time...doesn't matter how long or in-depth the test is, I always get the most introverted result possible.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah I'm certain now that I'm an ENFP:

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:50 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Saucy you might be an ambivert.

I never get the same answers on the online ones. I think they are usually not made very well. Also the yes or no thing doesn't work for me. I'm borderline F/T as well as N/S. And slightly P more than J. But because of that and because of the online tests being yes or no (and probably based around those letters more than functions) then I always get varying letters. I've only gotten E a few times. Just depends on mood. Razz I'm definitely very very Introverted though. As well as shy; but I have been more outgoing than other introverts I felt were less shy than me.
Anyway earlier this year things were happening and it felt like the way I looked at the world was changing and my attitude as well. And I was retaking the tests and each day it was something else because of my mood that day. I remembered one day I was thinking maybe I'm an INFJ instead of an INFP. And my sister who is an INFJ (I typed her as that well before she understood myers briggs and would get mad at me and say that's not what she was.. but she types her self as that now - I think she took the test too.) Anyway she sent me this video about the functions.

So I listened to each one and thought about which ones I actually used more.

In the past week or so I've been learning about all of the functions and I wonder why the online tests aren't more about the functions rather than about the letters.. which don't mean what they say exactly.

The description of the INFP is the one that I've always been able to relate with the most but some of the others I can relate with as well. The thing that always confused be about some descriptions of INFP is feelings. I don't show my feelings. So when some people described INFPs as emotional it made me wonder.. if they were just making it up or if other INFPs were more visibly emotional but then someone else said that INFPs actually hide their feelings very well. Razz Which fits me..
Anyway I find it crazy how much I can relate with the INFP descriptions. Some of the things that I am on the borderline does make some things different though.
btw INTP and ISFJ are pretty cool I can relate to both of those. ^_^

Thanks for sharing that video! I think I might have watched it once before, and his descriptions seem fairly accurate. I think with different moods different results can come, from what I have heard, it is best to take tests when you are feeling your normal self. Smile 

For me, my hardest functions to understand are my introverted functions, because they are less obvious, even though one is dominant, and they are subconscious almost in a sense (just come naturally without thought).

I think that introverted feeling is pretty easy to detect, although it is super hard for me to describe for some reason, I think because I don't really use it naturally as much. Extroverted types do tend to be more expressive with their body language and face. From what I have read, it is hard for extroverted feelers to ever hide their feelings even if they try. I'm like this, since people always seem to know when something is up with me, even when I try to suppress them they come out.

Introverted feelers though have a better handle over their feelings from what I have read, and they can hide them if they so choose. I have heard that sometimes introverted feeling is confused with introverted thinking because they both are often interested in similar concepts, although the way they come to understand things can be very unique and different. I notice that a lot of people seem to have a preconceived notion that feeling types are not as intellectual as thinkers, but studies show that it isn't true. It is just a personality theory describing people's tendencies, not based on intellect. I think this personality page is pretty interesting showing people they have typed (not sure if all are accurate or not, but it is interesting). [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is a great and easy way to understand the cognitive functions through Winnie the Pooh, lol. This person did an excellent job describing the different functions. The only one that I am not sure I agree with is their definition of "Si (introverted Sensing) in relation to Pooh's reactions.

This is the understanding I have come to of Introverted Sensing:
Introverted Sensing (Si)-tend to be very detailed and observant. They have a storehouse of past memories and experiences, and often little things will stimulate these memories or experiences. They may have sentimental tendencies, and keep things that are dear, or hold meaning to them. This can sometimes be confused as feeling. I think unlike the person's analogy in the link, they might be very aware of consequences of something if they had a past experience of getting into trouble. They tend to be cautious from what I have read. But otherwise, their definitions are great! I think Introverted Sensors will have many different things that stimulant their memories, such as how different things taste, sound, smell, visually similar, etc. All will bring up a past experiences or memories.

I really like the descriptions of the feeling types, lol. I wish I was more like those. To most people I come across expressive and feeling I think, but with people I grow very comfortable with (such as family) I can tend to be a bit blunt and to the point, and sometimes a tad critical or skeptical when they bring up ideas or suggestions and want my opinion (not in a mean way, I don't really care what they decide, but if they want my opinion, I'll tell them what I think). I can also go into way too much detail at times when I'm really into something. I never intend to make people upset or angry at me, but somehow I do with family at times. I never make my brothers angry though, and we debate sometimes, and are fine afterwards. But I can't do this with other family members or they will be pretty mad at me for some time later. I often like to bring up the opposite opinion or point of view, just to see how someone responds, since I enjoy this, but I have found not everyone likes this. So this is partly why I have concluded that my natural inclination is to gravitate towards thinking. After I got into reading up on these things I showed my brother the different personality types, and he figured he's an ISTJ, which I agree. But he thinks I'm an ENTP, but I don't really think so.

I think the big thing is just understanding your natural tendencies and even how you interact with others. I have heard that introverted types use their extroverted function when communicating with people, so an INTJ would have their Extroverted Thinking coming through when communicating with others, so they can come across as unmoving, concrete, and determined. But in reality, they would more easily change their view, since their dominant function is perceiving (intuition). So after a debate, they might go back home and think about it a bit, then change their ideas if it seems logical. An INTP on the other hand will come across as objective and open to new things, because of their Extroverted Intuition being used when communicating, but in reality, they are much less likely to change their views on something because their dominant function is Introverted thinking, or so I have heard this anyway. I have talked to a few INTJs, and I really have enjoyed those conversations.

Wow, I just typed way too much. Sorry about that. :/  I'm really into this, probably would be a better topic to discuss on chat, lol.

Last edited by Apricity on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:00 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
Yeah I'm certain now that I'm an ENFP:

As an ENFP, your primary mode of living is focused externally, where you take things in primarily via your intuition. Your secondary mode is internal, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit in with your personal value system.

ENFPs are warm, enthusiastic people, typically very bright and full of potential. They live in the world of possibilities, and can become very passionate and excited about things. Their enthusiasm lends them the ability to inspire and motivate others, more so than we see in other types. They can talk their way in or out of anything. They love life, seeing it as a special gift, and strive to make the most out of it.

ENFPs have an unusually broad range of skills and talents. They are good at most things which interest them. Project-oriented, they may go through several different careers during their lifetime. To onlookers, the ENFP may seem directionless and without purpose, but ENFPs are actually quite consistent, in that they have a strong sense of values which they live with throughout their lives. Everything that they do must be in line with their values. An ENFP needs to feel that they are living their lives as their true Self, walking in step with what they believe is right. They see meaning in everything, and are on a continuous quest to adapt their lives and values to achieve inner peace. They're constantly aware and somewhat fearful of losing touch with themselves. Since emotional excitement is usually an important part of the ENFP's life, and because they are focused on keeping "centered", the ENFP is usually an intense individual, with highly evolved values.

An ENFP needs to focus on following through with their projects. This can be a problem area for some of these individuals. Unlike other Extraverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values. ENFPs who remain centered will usually be quite successful at their endeavors. Others may fall into the habit of dropping a project when they become excited about a new possibility, and thus they never achieve the great accomplishments which they are capable of achieving.

Most ENFPs have great people skills. They are genuinely warm and interested in people, and place great importance on their inter-personal relationships. ENFPs almost always have a strong need to be liked. Sometimes, especially at a younger age, an ENFP will tend to be "gushy" and insincere, and generally "overdo" in an effort to win acceptance. However, once an ENFP has learned to balance their need to be true to themselves with their need for acceptance, they excel at bringing out the best in others, and are typically well-liked. They have an exceptional ability to intuitively understand a person after a very short period of time, and use their intuition and flexibility to relate to others on their own level.

I think that does fit you a lot. Smile
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 am

I'm an introverted intuitive type, as my preferences for introversion and intuition are strong, but my results for other categories are too close to call. Whether I'm a T/F or a J/P depends almost entirely on the circumstances. Cognitive functions suggest that I'm either INFJ or INTJ, but I relate better to the open ended nature of INTP and INFP. That being said, the idea of being predominantly thinking vs. feeling across a wide range of unrelated topics and scenarios doesn't seem natural to me.

Several years ago, I asked my family members to take the test in the back of Please Understand Me, by Keirsey and Bates. Here are the results:

Mom - ESFJ
Dad - ISxJ
Brother - INTJ
Sister 1 - INTJ
Sister 2 - Although she didn't take it, I suspect that she's an ISFJ.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:59 am

I loved your post Apricity Very Happy It took me all day to read (partially because I was busy today). ^_^ I learned a bit and you mentioned some things I was thinking.
What are your functions that you have determined? Other than Fe. Sorry if you said already and I missed it. Very Happy
I think it is very easy for me to determine Fi and Ne which are my two dominant ones.. but I still don't quite understand Si and Te. I agree that I didn't quite understand the winnie the pooh example of Si.. I couldn't relate very well at all. I had a lot of trouble figuring out Te and Ti earlier this year but I realized one way is my teaching style if I was teaching. I can show someone my thoughts and explain something to them pretty well (Te); where as my sister can really think about something and maybe understand it but not able to communicate that idea as well (Ti). I was very unconvinced until I thought of that. Because really my last two functions are the hardest for me to tell. Si and Se I'm not sure I will ever really understand. Very Happy

Yeah my sister is Fe and I am Fi (all of our functions are opposite). And she smiles a lot more than me using her whole face. Myself I've a cold exterior. Razz I may be feeling things very deeply but no one knows (sometimes not even me).

Today has been a hard day in some ways.

It's funny you said that about introverted feelers and thinking. It frustrated me so much on reading myers briggs descriptions of INFP that fit me so well but then stuck something in saying I didn't think much. Doh!  I think a lot. Very Happy This is probably where my confusion is in figuring out if I'm F or T.. because I am very balanced in this area as far as making decisions go. (thus my heart or head thread I made) And my mind is a never ending stream of thoughts. Very Happy I wonder if most introverts are like this. Often I just stay silent and am thinking. Thinking so much that it gets hard to organize it all sometimes. Razz
That page with INFP celebrities I'm not sure about. I've noticed that people tend to label creative people as INFPs but I think they are over labeled as that sometimes. Vincent Van Gough though I've always been able to relate with him so much.. or perhaps to understand him. Maybe that's weird; but he is my favorite artist because I can relate to him. It's cool that some of my favorite authors are on the list but I do wonder if they really are INFPs and how it was determined.

Thanks for sharing the winnie the pooh functions thing. ^_^ Eeyore yay! ^_^ And Piglet too. The examples they gave of both I can relate to. Very Happy It's kinda a cute idea to just say the characters names instead of the functions.
If only I understood what they meant with Pooh. (Si) Thanks for explaining it better though. It was the consequence thing that confused me because it was saying Se was unaware of consequences; but Si as well.. but looking at the past. It seems quite contradictory. Perhaps the person who wrote it out didn't understand the differences between Se and Si fully either. That is the one that confuses me the most I think. As well as Ti and Te. But it's fine maybe someday I will understand better.

I think you are an introvert; though I've never met you in person. Maybe because you are comfortable around family your brother thinks you are an extravert. Which do you think you are?

I think that could be true about using the extraverted functions for communication. At least in my case I think it seems true.

I can't get into arguments with others. I end up upset. Razz I can have some logical discussions with people but it depends on topic and who I'm discussing/debating with.

You didn't type too much. I loved reading it. I love this topic. ^_^ If you ever want to chat about it I'm willing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 am

Miles wrote:
I'm an introverted intuitive type, as my preferences for introversion and intuition are strong, but my results for other categories are too close to call. Whether I'm a T/F or a J/P depends almost entirely on the circumstances. Cognitive functions suggest that I'm either INFJ or INTJ, but I relate better to the open ended nature of INTP and INFP. That being said, the idea of being predominantly thinking vs. feeling across a wide range of unrelated topics and scenarios doesn't seem natural to me.

Several years ago, I asked my family members to take the test in the back of Please Understand Me, by Keirsey and Bates. Here are the results:

Mom - ESFJ
Dad - ISxJ
Brother - INTJ
Sister 1 - INTJ
Sister 2 - Although she didn't take it, I suspect that she's an ISFJ.
I think I can tell you are IN-- I wonder if you are also an INFP or maybe an INTP. I don't know you well enough to know though. Very Happy When I took the test it was so close on F and T and S and N... I kind of think it can be a really good thing to be in the middle like that. Kind of balanced. Smile

INTJ or INFJ might be open ended in some ways as well. My sister is INFJ and she is definitely spontaneous at times. Smile Very artistic.

One thing we thought strange is P is sometimes associated with being disorganized and J with being organized. But a lot of the time her room is a mess and mine is clean and very very organized. Some descriptions of INFJ and of INFP say it shouldn't be so.

I got my parents and siblings to take the myers briggs online tests and may have determined some of them. Everyone in my family are introverts. And my mom is also an INFP; my dad is a I-TJ (can't remember if it's S or N; and my older brother has a T for sure; And my younger brother all I remember is he is introverted and probably perceiving. My best friend is probably ISFP.. which also has the primary function being introverted Feeling like me. I'm not sure though She could be ESFP just as well... which would be extraverted sensing as the primary function and introverted feeling as the second function. (It's really hard to tell.)

Last edited by Dandelions in the Rain on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wrote extraverted feeling but I was wrong - it's extraverted sensing for an ESFP ^_^)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:26 am

Yeah, what's confusing are the little personality differences that confuse us. Like, you can be very organized, but lazy. You can be extroverted, but shy.

At Steve's party, I was very quiet and stayed off to the side and seemed anti-social. I apologized for it and said I wasn't feeling like myself. But it wasn't shyness as I was friends with everyone there. Am I really smack in the middle and some days I can shift between the two?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:21 pm

I love this part:

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 pm

I'm an ENFP. I don't really need to take a test anymore to know that for 1) I've taken it so many times, 2) I can generally identify personality types within minutes to meeting people now, it's kinda scary. Extraversion/Introversion is the easiest, Intuition/Sensing is probably the hardest. Your vocabulary will usually give away Feeling/Thinking.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:01 pm

I've taken a few of these tests before...I'm always introverted, but with a different mix of letters afterwards. This time I got INFP...last time I took one of these tests, I got ISTP. >.>

I like to describe myself as an introvert with extrovert qualities. A nice mish-mash. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator Empty

Back to top Go down

Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next