ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Have Your Tastes Evolved

Go down 
+3
Dandelions in the Rain
TX_CO_Matt
Miss Spaulding
7 posters
AuthorMessage

How Have Your Tastes Evolved Empty
PostSubject: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Maybe you've always liked the same kind of music or watched the same kinds of movies, but I'm willing to bet most people have changed. If you haven't, that's cool.

But for me personally, when I was growing up, I lived in Houston and was a huge fan of country. I can't stand it now. Then I got into classic rock because that's what my dad listened to when I moved in with him at 13. Classic rock evolved to modern and classic rock mixed, then Christian rock when I became a Christian.

The only "guilty" pleasure I listen to is Eminem lol. But I'm not a big fan of rap, just him. His passion speaks to me and you can hear the pain in his lyrics.

Right now I'm listening to more indie rock, like Death Cab for Cutie, Arcade Fire and My Chemical Romance.

As for movies, I've lately found myself watching romantic or coming of age dramas. I put on my facebook yesterday that I will have to turn in my man card for choosing Titanic over The Avengers lol
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Uhhh...I really haven't changed at all. Music, movies, tv shows...it's all pretty much the same. Even my undying love for Dean Martin and Steve McQueen hasn't wavered. Razz Cool 

I suppose the only thing that's changed a little is my appreciation for sci-fi. Though I love the original Star Wars, and as of recently my forgotten love for Star Trek has been resurrected, I never cared for sci-fi at all. I found it cheesy and just plain stupid. I think the turning point came when I finally saw 'Signs'.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Music
When I was a lad, I listened to a lot of 80s music and pop music. That's what my parents listened to, in junior high it was a mix of 80s, pop, and Christian music. In high school, it evolved into Christian music, alternative rock, punk, and metal...which it what it still is to this day.

Movies
As a kid, I really enjoyed comedies and action movies. Now, it's mainly thrillers, mysteries, I've always really enjoyed post-apocalyptic fiction.

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Signs is a good movie! Smile

I think basically most things I liked when I was younger I still like now - I've just expanded what I do like.

I don't listen to oldies (50s, 60s, 70s) nearly as much as I used to when I was a kid but that doesn't change the fact that I still like it. (I was listening to beach boys the other day - they were my first favorite band; and I still like them.)

I used to watch just cartoons when I was little and some other kids movies - I still like all those things I just watch a whole lot more now that I wasn't interested in before.

Some things I didn't like then I still don't like now though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:17 pm

I remember a few years ago, I heard a band on the radio and was like, "These guys are amazing!" So I found out who the artist was and went to my friend Steve and was like, "Dude, you need to listen to this new band. They're called Alice in Chains!" and he gave me that look I imagine Sharon gives me every time I ask who Humphrey Bogart is and he says, "Tony, Alice in Chains has been around a long time. They are not a new band." I was like, "really? well...they're new to me," haha. They've been around since like the 80's and 90's.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:19 pm

I like a lot of different types of music and I love discovering new artists. My tastes have expanded over the years but I still like many of the same artists I did years ago. The only thing I don't really listen to is a lot of punk, as that got pretty old after a year or two (although I still love The Clash and The Ramones). Now I'm really into indie and alternative bands (U2, Arctic Monkeys, The Gaslight Anthem, R.E.M., Elvis Costello, Radiohead, The National, Vampire Weekend, etc.)

As for films I find myself loving the classics more and more as I get older, almost to the point where 95% of modern films don't interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 12:24 am

I don't think my tastes has changed. I think I've just allowed room for popular music today. Smile I have noticed that I don't care if something is trendy or not. If it sounds good, I listen to it. My friends hate to listen to my play lists; I have Trans Siberian Orchestra, Enya, Eminem, Gotye, Celtic music, classical, Garth Brooks...

As for movies I find I prefer military, sports or brainless action flicks over dramas or chick flicks any day. I like to watch classics a lot more now as well.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:21 am

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I remember a few years ago, I heard a band on the radio and was like, "These guys are amazing!"  So I found out who the artist was and went to my friend Steve and was like, "Dude, you need to listen to this new band.  They're called Alice in Chains!"  and he gave me that look I imagine Sharon gives me every time I ask who Humphrey Bogart is and he says, "Tony, Alice in Chains has been around a long time.  They are not a new band."  I was like, "really?  well...they're new to me," haha.  They've been around since like the 80's and 90's.
Yeah, I don't pay a lot of attention to what's currently popular. I kind of discover things at my own pace Cool 

My tastes have evolved, though. In college, I had to watch a lot of old movies and I thought they were terribly boring. Citizen Kane, for example. But then I saw it again in grad school, 7 or 8 years later, and I loved it Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:30 am

I watched Citizen Kane when I was quite young and remember liking it. Very Happy

I have also discovered bands after they had been broken up for years. It doesn't make personally discovering them any less exciting though.

Five Iron Frenzy for example I didn't like them until college when they'd been broken up for quite a while I think. I had remembered their name and seen their album in the store but never really got into them until later.
Around the same time I discovered TFK but they are a still existing band.

There are some movies from my childhood that I just really want to watch again. I really miss watching Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea... Very Happy I need to watch that again soon. ^_^

The last time I watched Anne of Avonlea I got a new appreciation from watching it because I was able to better understand the overall theme of the movie that I didn't understand when I was younger.
Having read the books, I was still able to appreciate that movie more once I recognized the theme, so it didn't matter quite so much that it was so different than the books.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

I thought this was talking about food. Gosh I'm so hungry. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Have Your Tastes Evolved   How Have Your Tastes Evolved Empty

Back to top Go down

How Have Your Tastes Evolved
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Entertainment-
Jump to: