ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NFL Bet Prediction Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The NFL Bet Prediction Thread Empty
PostSubject: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Okay, I know we have a fantasy draft coming up, but I thought I'd create a thread where we make our predictions for the upcoming season.

Here, we will name our favorite team. If our team plays another member's favorite team, then they will make a bet with each other. For example, I know Houston and Denver play each other. So I would then make a bet with Toro and Matt and the loser honors the bet made.

Also, whose predictions came closest to being true, should win some kind of award. I will think of something. We can all chip in and get a gift card or whatever for the winner. You don't have to chip in to play and if no one is willing, I'll pay for the gift card...maybe to the NFL shop or the winner gets a hat from their favorite team.

If you wish to play, answer these questions:

1) Your favorite team is:
2) Will the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens repeat?
3) Will the Baltimore Ravens even make it to the playoffs?

4) Who will win each division? NFC and AFC North, South, East and West.
5) Which team from both the AFC and NFC will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs?

6) Will your team make the playoffs?
7) Will your team have more than 10 wins?

Cool Which team will be at the bottom? (designated by having the worst record and/or 1st pick in next years draft).

9) Name a sleeper team that is underrated:
10) Name an overrated team that will struggle:

11) Which player will win league MVP:
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 pm

We should probably come up with a tie-breaker, if necessary. Do like a March Madness type thing for the playoffs or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:37 pm

yeah we'll figure something out for the playoffs if we need a tie breaker, but the playoffs may get their own game. But I will buy the winner of this game a hat of their choosing (unless everyone wants to pool in together and get a gift card for the winner). So make your bets! Loser doesn't have to do anything unless your team loses to another member's team.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:55 am

1) Houston Texans (no bets, I just predict things)
2) No
3) Yes

*this isn't final
4)
AFC
North: Cincinatti Bengals
South: Houston Texans
East: New England Patriots
West: Denver Broncos
NFC
North: Minnesota Vikings
South: Atlanta Falcons
East: Washington Redskins
West: San Francisco 49ers

5)
AFC: Denver Broncos
NFC: San Francisco 49ers

6) Yes
7) 11-5 (losses: @New England, @Indianapolis, Denver, @San Francisco)

Cool Arizona Cardinals

9) Buffalo Bills
10) Indianapolis Colts

11) Colin Kaepernick

Last edited by TX_CO_Matt on Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:00 am

No predictions for me. I like to just watch it unfold Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 4:34 pm

1) Your favorite team is: Denver Broncos
2) Will the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens repeat?  No
3) Will the Baltimore Ravens even make it to the playoffs? Yes

4) Who will win each division? NFC and AFC North, South, East and West. AFC: East: New England.  West: Denver.  South: Houston  North: Pittsburgh.  NFC: North: Green Bay.  South: Atlanta.  East: New York.  West: San Francisco
5) Which team from both the AFC and NFC will have home field advantage throughout the playoffs?
AFC: Denver  NFC: San Francisco

6) Will your team make the playoffs? Yes
7) Will your team have more than 10 wins? Yes

Which team will be at the bottom? (designated by having the worst record and/or 1st pick in next years draft).  Cleveland Browns

9) Name a sleeper team that is underrated: Detroit Lions (yes, I said it. I think they're extremely talented on both sides of the ball, just lack the discipline).
10) Name an overrated team that will struggle: New England

11) Which player will win league MVP: Peyton Manning Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:27 pm

There should be a requirement that you pick a team other than your favorite team to win their conference Razz
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Making picks for each week might be fun too. It'd be interesting to see who has the best record at the end of the season.

1) Your favorite team is: The best team--the Green Bay Packers
2) Will the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens repeat? Not a chance
3) Will the Baltimore Ravens even make it to the playoffs? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. They really backed in to the playoffs last season anyway, and if you look at their schedule outside of their division, they have to play New England, Denver, Houston, Green Bay, Chicago... They might just be lucky to go 8-8.

4) Who will win each division?  NFC and AFC North, South, East and West.  
NFC North - Green Bay Packers
NFC South - Atlanta Falcons
NFC East - Washington Redskins
NFC West - Seattle Seahawks

AFC North - Pittsburgh Steelers
AFC South - Houston Texans
AFC East - New England Patriots
AFC West - Denver Broncos

NFC - Seattle Seahawks
AFC - Denver Broncos

6) Will your team make the playoffs? Yes
7) Will your team have more than 10 wins?
Yes. I believe they will go 11-5.

8 Which team will be at the bottom? (designated by having the worst record and/or 1st pick in next years draft).
Arizona Cardinals

9) Name a sleeper team that is underrated: Kansas City Chiefs
10) Name an overrated team that will struggle: Baltimore Ravens

11) Which player will win league MVP: Russell Wilson. I think he's set to have a pretty incredible season.

Last edited by Paulie079 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
There should be a requirement that you pick a team other than your favorite team to win their conference Razz
Well it's really an unbiased pick for Denver because, as everyone else has chosen, Denver is at the top of the AFC I believe. If another team was better, I would've picked them. The purpose of this game is to have the best score at the end of the season, so betting against the best team isn't a good strategy haha.

And yeah, Paul, we should have weekly game predictions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I just tend to doubt anyone who declares their favorite team the best. Because you can't be unbiased about your favorite. Not possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 9:00 pm

No I admit I'm biased somewhat towards Denver. But I literally believe they're the best team in the league right now, if not the top two. Most people have them going all the way this year. If this was a few years ago, I wouldn't pick them to win the division. I probably would've chosen San Diego. And New England to win the conference. But I just really don't see anyone better in the NFL right now, much less the AFC, than Denver. Something I've waited fifteen years for since they won their last Super Bowl.

As a Lions fan, I picked Green Bay to win the division.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:51 pm

I might like to predict the weekly games. Or at least muse on how I think they will go Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 4:43 pm

there's doesn't have to be winners and losers or crazy bets made on anything. If a few of us would like to do that, that's cool. If not, that's cool too. Please don't not participate because you feel you will be forced to do something. Not at all. This is all in fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NFL Bet Prediction Thread   The NFL Bet Prediction Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The NFL Bet Prediction Thread
Page 1 of 1