ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misheard lyrics

Go down 
+3
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Spunkn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkn

Spunkn

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Ever had those songs and you hear the lyrics wrong the first time, but then later you realize the words are different, but it still sticks with you?

Example : Newsboy's new song.  "I want to live with abandon"

I kept hearing it as "I want to live as a bad man"

even though I knew it was Newsboys and those lyrics wouldn't make sense, it's still stuck in my head
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 pm

I used to listen to oldies when I was little. I heard a song called love potion number 9 quite a few times. I always thought he kissed a car in the song. But my brother informed me recently that it was a cop not a car.
Wide Eye
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 10:59 pm

In this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6jseQv5wrk

we had a debate going among the staff about whether or not is says "praise is always necessary" or "grace is always necessary"
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:49 am

*Moved to Entertainment Forum*
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 5:51 pm

Lol. ONly one song came to mind when I saw this.

I would sing...
"It's raining MAD hallelujah it's raining Mad amen."
Then when I grew up I heard... it was of course...

It's Raining MEN. Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

I heard a song yesterday, some country song. The lyrics say something about "Living in your dream house"

I was working and could barely hear the music, but I could have sworn he said " Your tree house"

I yelled "Did he just sing to a woman about living in her tree house?" Suspect "Who does he think he is... Tarzan?":scratch:
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't remember what it is called or who it is but that "Gotta let go"...I swear they are saying "Galileo!"
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Marycita wrote:
I don't remember what it is called or who it is but that "Gotta let go"...I swear they are saying "Galileo!"

If it's Bohemian Rhapsody, they say Galileo. I think I know what you are talking about, I have heard Galileo in a song that's not correct. I think it's a pop song that came out a couple of years ago.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 pm

In the song Africa, instead of "I BLESS the rains down in Africa" for the longest time I heard "I KISS the rains down in Africa"
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Marycita wrote:

If it's Bohemian Rhapsody, they say Galileo. I think I know what you are talking about, I have heard Galileo in a song that's not correct. I think it's a pop song that came out a couple of years ago.
You probably do, it is a pop song from more recent years Smile
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Marycita wrote:
TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Marycita wrote:

You probably do, it is a pop song from more recent years Smile

It took me a minute, but it's Dynamite by Taio Cruz....

Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Yes that's it! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:55 pm

Now I have that Dynamite song in my head... I don't know where I've heard it before, maybe in a movie.
I see how it sounds a bit like Galileo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Son of the Morning goes "Hear me now weak Forgiver!" I've been singing it for years as "Hear me now. Wait for Jafar! Hear me now!"lol.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 2:50 pm

RaiyuuDarling wrote:
Son of the Morning goes "Hear me now weak Forgiver!" I've been singing it for years as "Hear me now. Wait for Jafar! Hear me now!"lol.
That's a good song.

One of my worse ones: "Holiday" by Green Day goes "Can I get another amen?", I heard "Can I get a married man?". My mom had to show me lyrics because I didn't believe her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Misheard lyrics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misheard lyrics   Misheard lyrics Empty

Back to top Go down

Misheard lyrics
Page 1 of 1