ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.

Go down 
+9
anewhope
Rayofsun
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Toro
Bristecom
Dandelions in the Rain
Spunkn
Ethnog
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:22 am

*moved to Sports and Recreation Forum*
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 am

This is how I am in the winter time:

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 AOqbpZR_700b
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:35 am

Good numbers LT
Tomorrow in only going to do cardio!
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Since I'm still in the process of recovering I can't do much. I want for just a mile WALK and I was feeling pain. So it's kind of sad not being as active as I was. Sad I'm not sure if it counts but I use my foam roller like three times a day and try to stretch if I can.

I have another 5k in September and I'm hoping to be well by then so I can train for it. But if I can barely walk a mile, I doubt it.

So it's basically just watching my calorie intake for now. I'm trying to put off these last 20lb but it hasn't been easy.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 12:24 am

Don't hurt yourself Pinky, those last 20 pounds arent worth the pain.

Besides, what good is losing that 2 if you can't move cause it hurts so bad that you inevitbly gain it back?

Rest, make sure your body is "right" before you get back into it.

You have plenty of time to get your "dream body" but you have only one body, don't destroy it for the short term.

Im sure you know that, but incase you needed to be reminded.

Besides, you look great even without losing that 20 you are concerned with. Hug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:07 am

What he said^^

I know how frustrating it is, but listen to your body and don't push yourself. You will get where you want to, but it may take time and patience.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:19 am

Bristecom wrote:
This is how I am in the winter time:

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 AOqbpZR_700b

Me in the summertime when it's over 100 degrees out...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:59 pm

My goals are to lose the baby weight, get into a regular fitness routine of running/weights/pilates. Right now I'm walking, to build up toward running. I actually was originally on a plan to begin running when I found out I was pregnant. The first trimester exhaustion killed that plan. (And I focused on pilates and walking instead.)

I've lost a total of 100lbs before (50 at one time, regained 25 shortly after, and then 75 over 2 years that I kept off until I got pregnant), so I know I can lose the weight again, but it's a little harder with a baby. I can't just go to any gym. Finding one around here with a little daycare isn't easy. (And my dream of owning a house with a home gym hasn't happened yet.) So, for now I'm walking outside in the morning and doing some baby/mommy body strengthening exercises (in addition to the workout I get just from caring for a 21lb baby). I don't know what I'll do for cardio when it gets nasty this winter, like I know it will, but I guess I'll deal with that when it comes.

Last edited by Henrietta on Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Edwards1984

Edwards1984

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:10 pm

Trying to get my weight back under control. For those who remember my posts in CF, I lost 40 pounds two years ago. I started to gain 20 pounds back, which I immediately wanted to get under control. I started controlling my eating, and have started doing daily reps. Right now I do four sets of 50 push ups throughout the day, and three sets of 100 crunches. I haven't weighted myself recently, but already I feel a change in my body, and it's given me back some confidence in myself.
Back to top Go down
http://designofprovidence.blogspot.com
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:22 pm

Awesome job everyone!

Today I ran 2 miles and it was such a great run. The rhythm and pace was so smooth.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Lower body weights, and run 1.2 miles
Actually it was more like .6 miles on 5% incline.
I didn't do much today cause I couldn't sleep last night. So I thought I do as much as I could.
Tomorrow is just running day.

Also, this weekend I am thinking of running at the park. I don't know how hot it will be so I think going extra early would be best. I loved running outside during winter time, but its just horrible to do so in the summer here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Cardio day. I'm sleepy.

Walking (treadmill):
0:26:00 || 1.2 mi || 3 mph || 155 BPM || 2 % (+136 pts)
0:26:00 || 1.2 mi || 3 mph || 155 BPM (+131 pts)
Rowing (machine):
0:11:13 || 2015 m || 3:00 split (+161 pts)
Cycling (stationary):
0:27:00 || 4.2 mi || 3.5 mph || 150 BPM (+171 pts)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 pm

I'm so happy that it's cooled off a little this week. So far this week, my walks have been really nice. It's been cool in the morning and I get all hot/sweaty from the workout and not the nasty humidity. Also, I'm so excited that I found a great app to record my workouts. I had a hard time finding it at first because most fitness apps have a lot of things to it, but I just wanted a simple one to record my workouts (not miles or anything since right now I'm just focusing on getting out and doing my best each day).
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Henrietta wrote:
I'm so happy that it's cooled off a little this week. So far this week, my walks have been really nice. It's been cool in the morning and I get all hot/sweaty from the workout and not the nasty humidity. Also, I'm so excited that I found a great app to record my workouts. I had a hard time finding it at first because most fitness apps have a lot of things to it, but I just wanted a simple one to record my workouts (not miles or anything since right now I'm just focusing on getting out and doing my best each day).

First off, morning workouts outside area always awesome. I cry and whine unil I get outside and then I'm beyond thankful and the happiest person. It's just that cool morning air mixed with the quiet of the morning. Just wonderful.
Secondly, which app are you using? I found the same thing, that a lot of apps have a lot of...stuff to them lol.
Thirdly, great job!! :cheers:  Keep on going!

I am finding it hilariously hard to keep working out while camping. Biking is becoming my best friend, and I make sure to go for a 45 minute hard ride each day, whether all at once or cumulative.
Everything within the campgrounds is within a 10 minute ride, and the trails, while beautiful, are not good to go on alone because of the number of bears. I need a partner to go with me...
I should put up a sign up sheet on a nearby tree LOL
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Rayofsun wrote:

I am finding it hilariously hard to keep working out while camping. Biking is becoming my best friend, and I make sure to go for a 45 minute hard ride each day, whether all at once or cumulative.
Everything within the campgrounds is within a 10 minute ride, and the trails, while beautiful, are not good to go on alone because of the number of bears. I need a partner to go with me...
I should put up a sign up sheet on a nearby tree LOL

I'll go with you. glasses We can scare away the bears. Run!!

That's awesome how much you are biking. Smile I need to bike more.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

I ran this morning.
It was hard waking up. I think I was still very tired and needed to sleep in, but I'm glad I went.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:

I'll go with you. glasses We can scare away the bears. Run!!

That's awesome how much you are biking. :)I need to bike more.

I would looove if you would come with me. Especially if you have ways to scare bears off. LOL! Definitely share those with me!

I make noise, and I have a squeak in one peddle, so I hope that does it. Although...when I go at really bad times (at dusk), I usually start praying out loud (instead of in my head) and singing. And when I get too tired to do that, I just make raaandom noises as I ride along.

Nothing scares a bear away like a random:

"Swag Swag Swag, on you
Chillin' by the fire while we're eating fondue"
Dance 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Rayofsun wrote:
Henrietta wrote:

First off, morning workouts outside area always awesome. I cry and whine unil I get outside and then I'm beyond thankful and the happiest person. It's just that cool morning air mixed with the quiet of the morning. Just wonderful.
Secondly, which app are you using? I found the same thing, that a lot of apps have a lot of...stuff to them lol.
Thirdly, great job!! :cheers:  Keep on going!

Thanks!

It's called Simple Log https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rodrigues.andrew.simplelogger

And as long as it's not too humid, I do love morning walks.

Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:56 am

I felt the pain in my knee this morning, which means I need to relax with running miles. So no more running till next week the latest. At least I can walk...but I have to walk slowly.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:41 pm

You know when you see an old picture of yourself you might go "what!!!"
I can't believe how much I have changed physically! Aging and excerise are awesome things!
Back to top Go down
OneHappyCookie

OneHappyCookie

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:09 pm

I think I'm going to let my body rest this weekend from any food I have to chew.
Green smoothies, tea, and water. Yum.
Not too psyched about it for some reason but my weight is really bothering me.
Not in a OH I'm soo fat way.

The more I try to lose weight, the more I gain.
Really made of suck.
Hopefully this goes well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I've really hit a brick wall and been discouraged. Three months and some days I'll have people, "yeah you're looking great!" but I think those are pity compliments because they come after I say I don't think I'm making any progress. I've heard that I look like I have more energy.

I still just don't know how to eat. What is the right way for me to eat to lose weight. I cut my calories and nothing. I tried to eat a little more because people were saying I was starving myself. Nothing. I've been pushing it at the gym. Nothing. Upped my walking. Nothing.

So I've really relaxed in the exercise and diet department because I've been discouraged. I need to stay on it no matter what. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I should've lost a minimum of 50 pounds by now. With a calorie deficit of a pound a day, plus another pound and a half a week just from working out, I should've lost 100+ pounds if you do the math.

That's the problem with my body and why I will really struggle to lose weight. It gets used to things very quickly. It's why I can easily get addicted to things and have to watch myself. I adapt very easily, so a diet might work for a week, then my body adapts and I have to keep changing. It's impossible to change my diet and exercise every single week. I'm at a loss.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:06 pm

I really wanted to ride my bike this week but it's been so hot out. I hope it cools down soon. Though it is summer so I may just get back to biking once it's cooled down in a few months. Hopefully there will be some cool days before then though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.    Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercises- Talking about our fitness goals.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3