ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......

Go down 
+4
Miles
Miss Spaulding
Strider1002
Spunkn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkn

Spunkn

God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... Empty
PostSubject: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 pm

I like reading stories about miraculous stuff that happens to people, even if they don't give God the credit for it. People are always complaining that God doesn't "show" Himself, but I believe it's just the opposite. God shows Himself ALL the time, we just don't look at it the right way most of the time.

Take for instance that big plane crash that just happened. It's sad that two people died, but when you really think about it, only two is pretty much a huge miracle with an accident like that.

http://www.kwkt.com/news/video-daughter-lifts-jeep-dad

Things like this happening, I just don't see as "natural".
Back to top Go down

God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... Empty
PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Those are amazing stories, and I agree that Someone was definitely involved and intervening.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't have any amazing miracle stories, but I can tell He's working by the "coincidences" that always seem to happen, just at the most beneficial time... not necessarily to make life easier or more comfortable for me, but to help me develop.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I have an amazing story story to tell about my great aunt. This incident happened recently actually.

So my aunt and her husband (both in their 70s) live in kind of old folks home (but it looks like a regular, enclosed apartment building and that's precisely how it operates, it's just that it's nothing but elderly living there), and one day my uncle, who isn't in the best of health, fell down and my aunt could barely help him up. Finally after she was able to get him up, he unfortunately had an accident...so my aunt had to clean him up and then go down to the laundry room in the building to wash his clothes. This is something that has happened often and is getting worse because he's slow and can't always make it to the bathroom, and on this particular day things were very bad.

Down in the laundry room there is an area where other residents can leave certain items that are perfectly good but that they themselves no longer need, so these items are free to any other residents who are interested in them. So my aunt is sitting there in the laundry room waiting on the clothes to wash and completely feeling at the end of her rope about the whole situation and how it's only getting worse. She breaks down crying and out loud prays for God to provide her with the two things she desperately needs (and she needed these items literally right then, not a day or a few hours later but at that moment). She needed a portable potty chair and men's Depends, size large.

Only a moment after she's finished praying, a man walks down into the laundry room...carrying a brand new portable potty chair and he's placing it in the area with all the other items that are free to other residents. My aunt was shocked. She asked him if she could have it and he grinned and said 'yes'. The man wishes her a good day and leaves, my aunt is sitting there over joyed, and suddenly...here comes a different man, and he's carrying an unopened package of men's Depends, size large. My aunt could hardly ask the man if she could have them because she was so amazed. She finally was able to ask him and he too grinned at her and said 'yes'. Like the other man, he wished her a good day and leaves. My aunt meets many, many residents down in the laundry room, and she's never seen these two men before nor has she seen them since.

I don't know, maybe that isn't an extraordinary story, but I find it amazing. Talk about your prayer being answer immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:09 pm

oh wow, Sharon. That made me tear up.

God is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:29 pm

My little story that Sharon's reminded me of:

My mom and I were driving my brother to a job interview one day, and we wound up having a tire blow out on the highway. We called AMA (our equivalent of AAA), and were told that someone was on the way. an hour later, we were still waiting.

Then this guy pulls up out of nowhere behind us. We had no clue who he was, but we all said he looked familiar. He helped us change the tire, and my mom tried to offer him some money as a thank you and he refused and said, "God put me here so I could help you."

honestly that verse about entertaining angels unaware popped into my head instantly. I might have been reading too much into the situation. It was such a minor thing that you wouldn't think it could happen. But I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:30 pm

I see evidence of God all around me in everything that's good. Overt miracles are nice, but I don't feel they're necessary for my belief. Even this moment is a miracle. Just think about all that's happened and is happening in the universe to make it possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Miles wrote:
I see evidence of God all around me in everything that's good. Overt miracles are nice, but I don't feel they're necessary for my belief. Even this moment is a miracle. Just think about all that's happened and is happening in the universe to make it possible.

thats a good way of looking at it Smile
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 2:46 pm

I think there's a definite possibility of times when angels do take the form of humans to minister to us or help us, I've heard too many stories about situations like that.

Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:13 pm

little_tigress wrote:
My little story that Sharon's reminded me of:

My mom and I were driving my brother to a job interview one day, and we wound up having a tire blow out  on the highway. We called AMA (our equivalent of AAA), and were told that someone was on the way. an hour later, we were still waiting.

Then this guy pulls up out of nowhere behind us. We had no clue who he was, but we all said he looked familiar. He helped us change the tire, and my mom tried to offer him some money as a thank you and he refused and said, "God put me here so I could help you."

honestly that verse about entertaining angels unaware popped into my head instantly. I might have been reading too much into the situation. It was such a minor thing that you wouldn't think it could happen. But I dunno.

My sister who was vacationing with our grandmother and some cousins once had a similar experience. Only, it was at night, in the middle of nowhere in Colorado. Some man showed, out of the blue (literally, there was nobody around and suddenly, bam! Here's this dude pulling off the side of the road next to them), and offered to help change the tire. He helped them, they thanked him, and the guy was gone before they knew it.

I totally believe in that verse. I think it happens more than we know.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

Last edited by Spunkn on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Inspiring to hear these stories. Thank you all for sharing. When I made this comment, I had just read Miss Spaulding's post.

Last edited by Miles on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:19 pm

wow, Spunk. I'm so sorry you went through all that. I can't wrap my head around professionals being called to handle a case that was presented to them as suicidal and responding with aggression and fear tactics. You don't give people a reason to live by scaring them.

It honestly reminded me a lot of Patch Adams story when he checked himself in because he was suicidal and got treat the same way. Its horrifying Sad

I'm so glad that God brought that girl though to give you hope and get out of that situation.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Sounds terrible, Spunk. Sounds like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Spunkn wrote:
I think there's a definite possibility of times when angels do take the form of humans to minister to us or help us, I've heard too many stories about situations like that.  

I actually have a story about that!

My senior year of HS, I had just transferred back to public school. I was eating lunch outside, I was facing the door, look down and when I look back up there was another student standing right there (I am sure I would have seen him walk up). I found out his name was Jonathan and then it did not go any personal behind that. For about two weeks or so I only ever saw him at l lunch (except for once), and we talked very in depth about faith and such. It just seemed off, it felt very much like I was being interviewed than having a normal conversation. Other people would interact with him, so I wasn't hallucinating. Anyway, one day he stopped showing up. I went to my counselor and asked her if she wouldn't mind looking him up (he gave me a last name), and there was no person by that name at the school.
Back to top Go down
Bristecom

Bristecom

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Spunkn wrote:
I have not shared this story with too many people, it's very personal.  It's also taken me a long time to get to the point where I feel comfortable sharing it.
DUUUDE! A very similar situation happened to me!

I was 17 at the time and things were just falling apart. My friends were moving away or changing/betraying me. I was starting to fall behind with school so teachers were yelling at me. And when I went home, my family was as crazy as usual, always fighting terribly. So my only "happy place" was my job at a video game store. Well, one day, a guy called in to trade in his system and I told him he could as long as it was before closing time. But the assistant manager wanted to close early so he locked the doors 10 minutes early. Well, the guy showed up right afterwards so I pleaded with the manager to let him in and do it real quick since I told him he could and since we aren't technically supposed to be closed. Well, after the guy left, the assistant manager cursed me out. Now, I knew it wasn't my fault but it was like that one happy/safe place I had left suddenly shattered. So every aspect of my life felt like a hopeless mess (I also had some physical health problems). So I remember that night and next day I just locked myself in my room and didn't go to school or do anything. Well my mom called the police and they took me to some counselor. Then the counselor put me in the suicidal prison you talked about. They were extremely rude and mean people. They even forced me to take drugs which made it hard for me to think. But as you said, I realized I had to play their game or else they would never let me out.

To make matters worse, my mom, who is pretty much insane, was telling the counselors that I hit/beat her. So they constantly tried to get me to admit that I was an evil narcissist or something instead of actually helping me with my depression. But I have NEVER hit my mom. Finally, my mom admitted to them that I never actually hit her so they changed their tone a bit and let me out after about a week.

But anyway, I did meet some very interesting people in there. One kid wanted to commit suicide because he couldn't see and was kinda weird/nerdy so people picked on him. Another kid was from Iraq and had seen terrible things and his dad beat him all the time. Another girl was raped by her dad. And another girl had serious health problems and was going to die within a year (of which they told her there is nothing they can do). But I realized she probably just wanted to at least make some friends or find some way to cope for the time being. Speaking of which, I remember she was always shaking violently. Well one night I was told to make up a story for everyone. It was suuuper stupid and everyone made fun of me for it but I noticed that girl wasn't shaking and had a smile on her face after I told it so that made me very happy. Smile 

So yeah, I actually do know how that is and the system is very messed up but I did at least learn from it - not from the counselors as they were terrible but from the other kids. It has taken me years to get over my depression. Although it was better when I moved out (actually, my mom kicked me out when I turned 18... I came home from work one day and police were there and said "This is BS but legally we can't let you in this house."), and I always performed well at my jobs but I still struggled a lot. In fact, I'd say it wasn't until about 2 years ago that I finally started to get over it. I realized that it doesn't matter what other people think of me or how bad things are. All that matters is my relationship with Christ. Although, I think I still do have signs of PTSD or something. At times I just can't seem to think or I'll sound semi-retarded when people talk to me. I guess it's because I would try to shut my mind off from the world to prevent from being more hurt. And also, nothing really excites me anymore like it used to when I was younger. Although, this aspect may be improving a little bit as well.

Anyway! I'm glad you told us about that. I think God will use these struggles to make us more useful for Him. I know that if my life went perfectly well, I would have a been a cocky party person today. I would likely have no consideration for God. So even though it was terrible, I am glad those things happened in a way because they made me rethink everything. And all that time I've spent alone made me research things and reach out to God which I certainly never would have done had I of had friends and no major struggles. Wink 
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Wow these stories are amazing, just amazing! Thank you all for sharing with me.

Spunk, I am so so sorry you went through that, can I ask was it after this experience you came back to God again?
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Last edited by Spunkn on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:02 am

*Moved to the General Discussion Forum*
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......   God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ....... Empty

Back to top Go down

God doesn't perform awesome miracles that we can see? I beg to differ.......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: