ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A normal family Thanksgiving

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A normal family Thanksgiving Empty
PostSubject: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:48 am

So what are your plans??

I'm going to my grandparent's for Thanksgiving. It's always fun to watch my family and know their predictability.

LIKE...my Aunt Carla getting drunk enough that she walks around the house and says "gobble, gobble" to everyone. My grandparents chirp at each other about who makes the better mashed potatoes (in that cute, old people way after being married 55+ years). Everyone jump into eating while I say grace and afterward they say, "oh Tony, why didn't you remind us to say a prayer before eating?" when I did.

Oh, and the most predictable is grandma ALWAYS forgets to set out the cranberry sauce.

How about you? What are some of the antics you look forward to this year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:02 pm

8 views and no posts. No one wants to share any family stories? Smile
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, when I used to celebrate holidays, Thanksgiving was our 'super-lazy-eat-food-off-of-food-trays-watching-football' day. Later, we'd have a small dinner (ham (since Dad couldn't eat turkey), mashed taters and a veggie (usually either green beans or peas)).

Nothing super exciting....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Do you still watch football at least? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Do you still watch football at least? Very Happy
Nope...I never watched it. It was mostly my Dad and older bro, but even now that my older bro is gone, we don't bother.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:36 pm

You should become a Bronco fan Razz
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 pm

I'm not into sports, silly. Razz

And even then...if I had to pick a team, I suppose I would just have to pick my hometown team...the Eagles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:50 pm

The Broncos beat the Eagles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Sauceman wrote:
The Broncos beat the Eagles Very Happy
Bah humbug....

At least the Eagles won against the Steelers some time ago....
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 am

We are still carving out traditions for ourselves but I've made a stuffed pumpkin 2 years in a row so I guess it's a yearly must now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:32 am

A stuffed pumpkin? I've never heard of that!
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 am

Same ol', same ol' for my family. We've always celebrated Thanksgiving with my Dad's side of the family, but the past few years some of my Mom's side of the family have included themselves. Our Thanksgiving party always takes place at my family's house...there's always a million people. I have a very big clan, lots of extended family. There seems to always be one new family member (blood, not marriage) that shows up at one of our gatherings that I've never met or even knew existed. It's nuts.

We always have a TON of food. My aunt's husband likes to hunt and he recently got us a deer. I think he's going to be making a deer roast (or would that be a 'venison' roast? lol) on Thursday. He made one last year too and everyone apparently loved it.

Anyhoo. There's not much else to say, that's about it...a ton of family and a ton of food.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:11 am

I guess every story is pretty much the same (with various amounts of weird or drunken relatives lol)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 3:14 am

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention!!  

The family lines start to break down after awhile.  Grandma forgets everyone's names. She will call me TJ and call TJ Scott. My cousin will start calling me her uncle.  Then she'll get her kids to say, "Say bye to your Uncle Tony!"  it's funny.  They they all tell me how much I look like dad and how they miss him.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:11 am

Sauceman wrote:
A stuffed pumpkin? I've never heard of that!  
It's a pumpkin stuffed with rice , honey, and dried fruits and then baked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A normal family Thanksgiving   A normal family Thanksgiving Empty

Back to top Go down

A normal family Thanksgiving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: