ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's on your mind?

Go down 
+12
Jess9450
wannaberocker
Apricity
Paulie079
Rayofsun
Squeakers
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
Miss Spaulding
Thunder Peel
Toro
TX_CO_Matt
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

Strider1002

What's on your mind? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:24 am

Just before I dropped off to sleep last night, I was thinking about this video and its implications.

It's true that sex has become just "playtime for adults."

Which... is dangerous. People have sex whenever they feel like it because, hey, it's the 21st century and we're all evolved human beings and it's totally okay. They don't worry about being married or even in a committed relationship leading there because, you know, that's totally prudish, man. Which means a lot of children are growing up without their mothers or their fathers in their lives, or in an unstable home, or with parents who just don't care. They turn out to be immature or severely entitled or emotionally unstable. This is the future of our society. People who were conceived not because their parents wanted them, but because their parents wanted to feel good for a little while and disregard the consequences.

Children are important. They should be raised in a stable family with a mother and a father who both want the child and want what's best for them. And that is a very good argument for keeping sex inside marriage.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

Well at least I am doing my part by not having any sex lol. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk about it. But, im just saying that I always run into these sort of Christian centered videos online about sex. Where its like "Everyone is having sex" and im like "yeah that's true, but I really cant relate to them". But, I guess video is not designed to reach people like me who aren't having sex. Its designed to reach people who are having it.

but the video is correct in saying that the bible gives sex a much higher view. We are not just animals who need sexual release when we its mating season. We as human beings require a connection, love, feelings and emotions. Sex in of itself is one of the highest forms of expressing love and emotions. It is why a lot of times the whole "friends with benefits" you always have one person starts to have feelings for the other. That because as humans we are wired to view sex as not just physical, but also mental. When people have sex, they are literally stripped down emotionally and physically.

I also find it funny that in the past the word commonly used for sex was "love making". The idea being that sex was an expression of love. Which of course now has changed to some more crude terms. Anyways, im rambling, good video though.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Not everyone is having sex Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 12:52 am

Today felt so spring-like. 50 degrees and sunny. I felt like doing something outdoors, but by the time I was free... it was dark.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:05 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Today felt so spring-like. 50 degrees and sunny. I felt like doing something outdoors, but by the time I was free... it was dark.

Haha the same thing happened to me today. But, just knowing that the weather is changing is enough, right? There will be more days like this!
What I found funny was how dramatically my mood improved with this weather.
Sunny? Bam! Smiles and Optimism Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 am

Rayofsun wrote:

Haha the same thing happened to me today. But, just knowing that the weather is changing is enough, right?

Hmm... I don't know...  Thinking 
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 4:15 am

Well Juuust wait Strider. It's coming. It's going to hit you like… a tulip in bloom! Wha Bam! And suddenly everything will seem rosy. lol
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:33 am

Rayofsun wrote:
Well Juuust wait Strider. It's coming. It's going to hit you like… a tulip in bloom! Wha Bam! And suddenly everything will seem rosy. lol

I feel like I wouldn't notice if I was struck by a tulip lol.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:55 pm

That I haven't posted in a while Razz
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:

PINKY!!!!!

*pounces on you and gives you a giant hug*
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:07 am

Had my first significant car accident yesterday. Not fun. I don't recommend it.

No one was hurt, at least.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:32 am

Strider1002 wrote:

No one being hurt is the important part, glad you are okay. I have been in a few, its odd how "time slows down" in such cases.  Suspect 

PinkSweetart wrote:

Hey Pinky is alive!!  Hug  Razz 

Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 1:50 am

On my mind, I wish I could freeze time.... walk out in to the stillness of the world.... and do.... nothing, absolutely nothing. Simply.... sit there and just.... be.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 10:15 am

Strider1002 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I was in one last summer that thankfully was only minor, but that was enough to make me enjoy driving less and be more paranoid of other drivers for awhile. I'm glad no one was hurt.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Life is such a delicate thing, sure, the human body is fragile and almost seemingly indestructible all at once.... but the delicate balance of what to do, how to do it.... its been such a long time since I put so much thought into every step I made.

Its been a long time since I truly cared where my foot steps led and worried about such a balance.... if I were alive and standing tall... I was good.

Now desires of what I want, for things past tomorrow... its... new, exciting, joyful and terrifying all at once.

Change is an odd demon, some, fight it their entire lives, yet, its inevitable. Why cant we ourselves change with the same kind of inevitability. Instead of having to try so hard, to change those things we don't like about ourselves? If it is inevitable.... why can't it just, happen, especially those things we just dont like or want about ourselves.

Why is it, caring, leads to such a dissection of ones own actions, thoughts, words..... instead of simply living in the moment? Is it that happiness brings about a feeling of the other shoe dropping, so, it is a way to simply count the moments until it does?

Why am I thinking such things, while I am simply sitting here? Im of the mindset of leaning towards happy, yet, I am not overly extatic as I know, things could be better, but they could EASILY be so much worse.... yet.... I am pondering such things. I sure am an odd duck.... I mean bull.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 4:45 pm

Yeah, guys. I've popped in to say howdy! I'm still in school and stuff, so that's good. I have a job and am currently saving up for a place of my own. Which wont happen for a while since it's only a part time job. I hope to make most of my money working like a dog over the summer if I don't decide to do summer school. Smile My back has been doing fine thanks to my medication and I've been able to survive weight training. Which by the way, squats are so hard! Like real ones with the bar!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 am

Hey, Pinky! We've missed you!

On my mind: watching God work in my life, I've come to understand that sometimes, things that happen to you don't matter as much as their effect on you. God can use events to shape us.
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:26 pm

I wish this place was more active. I know y'all probably use skype and stuffzzzz, but I'm currently without internet, so no skype for me. And I can't remember my log in name and password.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 9:45 pm

We should make it more active. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Paulie079
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Activityyyyyyy! Wooooooooooooooooooo!
 affraid Happy Diver Announcement Cheer! Dance Circle Run Dance Roar! 
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 pm

Wow… that post does have a lot of activity!

I'm getting tired now…

These are my favorite smileys on here:

Wide Eye 

Big Eye 

Yummy 

Wah 

Hi! 

crazy 

glasses 

Oh look at that. tongue 

Sleep 
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:38 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
We should make it more active. ^_^

CCers: Assemble!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 7:33 pm

MOOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:24 pm

Actually, if all the regular and semi-regular posters here got together, we'd have a pretty awesome superhero team. All with different abilities   Evil 

I think Toro's superhero name should be The Mad Cow  Cool
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 2:06 pm

PinkSweetart wrote:
Yeah, guys. I've popped in to say howdy! I'm still in school and stuff, so that's good. I have a job and am currently saving up for a place of my own. Which wont happen for a while since it's only a part time job. I hope to make most of my money working like a dog over the summer if I don't decide to do summer school. :)My back has been doing fine thanks to my medication and I've been able to survive weight training. Which by the way, squats are so hard! Like real ones with the bar!!! lol
Pinky!!! I'm very glad to see your post! I can relate about school, I have been busy with school as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   What's on your mind? - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next