What's on your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:25 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

I actually hate rice cakes.
Me too… one of the most gross things I've ever eaten actually.

I can't believe it's almost thanksgiving. This month went by so fast.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Sauceman wrote:
But again, that's my question.  When does society get to dictate what is modest above the biblical standard?  And even though you tried to separate them, the same goes for morality.  If God says A is moral and B is immoral, it will always be that way.  Same with if He says A is modest and B is immodest.  If it becomes okay for women to walk around bare-breasted, would it then become modest?  Just because society accepts homosexuality, is it then moral and okay?  Or because couples sleep together before married is more common?  It's all the same to me.  

Again, I personally don't care if women wear a head covering.  It's not immodest to me.  But if the bible says it's immodest to God, that's what matters.  
listen man, like I said give me a passage you want to get clarification about and we can discuss that within the context of the passage.

In regards to the concepts of Morality and Modesty. These are completely different subject matters. Morality comes from a moral law or a Moral law giver (that would be God). Modesty on the other hand is simply the idea of not encouraging human sexuality and in a sense is relative to society and culture. What one person may find sexually encouraging, the other person may not. Take two different cultures into consideration: Lets say a woman wears a knee high dress in America and goes to church. Is that immodest? most people would say it is not. But lets say a woman in Iraq wears a knee high dress and goes outside her house? would that be considered immodest? Heck yeah.

When scriptures talk about modesty. It speaks about not encouraging sexuality with the flesh. The instructions it gives regarding modesty, are instructions regarding the culture and time the passages are written in. There is absolutely no suggestion in the bible that says those standards of modesty are to be followed throughout time.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Yes and this time next month it will be Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

My hair grows quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:15 am

Well...that was a letdown. I'm satisfied with who they chose to be Red John, but that ending was very lacking. I guess I just need to watch the next episode and see how they wrap this up.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:23 am

My feet, my feet. They fit nicely under my seat.

My seat, my seat. Sit high above my feet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:06 pm

I went on a nice, long walk. My knee is feeling pretty great. It's progressing nicely. Might just go the gym tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:10 pm

^Honestly, I would stick with walking for a couple weeks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh the gym would be mostly for arms. I'll keep to walking for the knee Smile
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:29 pm

Sometimes when my boss copies and paste the schedule, it's convenient, for example: I don't have to ask off December 6th because I'm not working this Friday. While at the same time, I'm afraid I won't get put back on.

Last edited by TX_CO_Matt on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm

I may be suffering from something called Morton's Neuroma. It's good to know what it is, at least.
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Zomigosh...talk about a serious 'duh' moment....

First off, I now have a cell phone. I've actually had it for a while now, but the thing is it's always off. I ONLY use it for emergencies or quick calls on the go.

So anyways, my bro and I went off to Pittsburgh today for various reasons...and I had to call Mother for a few things. Since we were still shopping around and stuff, I decided to leave my phone on just in case I had any more questions for her.

Well...bro and I go to Panera for lunch. We're eating and messing with his phone when suddenly we hear a cell phone go off. We start looking around for the source, but couldn't see anyone going for their phone...and it was getting annoying. It took a while, but we figured it out...it was MY phone going off. I suddenly dove for my purse just as the ringing stopped...yeah, I missed a call. Doh! 
A minute later, Sean's (my bro) phone went off...it was Mother. She did try calling me, but since I obviously didn't answer, she called him. Another Doh! ....
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Why is it that if I order something from...... Connect a kit, I can have it here in two days. But, if I order something from Ft. Worth...... it takes 3 at the same shipping speed and the same company?

Confused Im no geo... geograph......Im not a scholar on where places are and such. But, shouldn't it take less time for a package closer to me to arrive.... unless they are just "sitting" on the package and making me wait? Well, it IS UPS. I'm sure they need an extra day to give it their usual treatment.... which is of course this:  Smash .

I still think Jacoby Jones should have left the Texans and joined UPS. Where route running and dropping things is not only company policy, but it is celebrated. Nod
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:31 pm

I'm in a chatty mood, but there's almost no one to talk to....
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Squeakers wrote:
You can always talk with your ole buddy Toro. Smile
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Toro wrote:
Why is it that if I order something from...... Connect a kit, I can have it here in two days. But, if I order something from Ft. Worth...... it takes 3 at the same shipping speed and the same company?

Confused Im no geo... geograph......Im not a scholar on where places are and such. But, shouldn't it take less time for a package closer to me to arrive.... unless they are just "sitting" on the package and making me wait? Well, it IS UPS. I'm sure they need an extra day to give it their usual treatment.... which is of course this:  Smash .
It takes about a day to process, 1-2 to ship (depending on distance), then it takes another day to actually be shipped from the local warehouse to your residence.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Toro wrote:
Squeakers wrote:
You can always talk with your ole buddy Toro. Smile
CC Skype chat, yo.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
It takes about a day to process, 1-2 to ship (depending on distance), then it takes another day to actually be shipped from the local warehouse to your residence.
No, Im special. I get two day delivery. Smart 

I ordered it yesterday, so with 2 day I should have it Tuesday... not Wednesday. (Everything else I order on a Sunday gets here by Tuesday and those things are usually MUCH further than Ft Worth. Suspect 

Yet, it will take til Wednesday? Right now it is just sitting in its place of origin.... Ft. Worth.

Not really complaining, was a simple curiosity is all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 am

So, my Indy hat is made of beaver fur. And for a few brief moments, I wondered whether it was ethical to support the killing of an animal for its fur. I quickly decided, "Yes, at least for functional items." That was close, I almost had some cognitive dissonance.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:35 pm

So apparently our feet change shape over time? I had no idea. I need new shoes...
Back to top Go down
Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Good golly...! Now everyone in the deli thinks I have a crush on Gingee, a redheaded stocker kid, just because I always greet and joke around with him. Seriously...? If they haven't already noticed, I ALWAYS greet my favourite people whenever I see them. In fact, I have a few of my favourite people in different departments...and it ain't my fault that they're all guys. I just get along with guys better...that's how I've always been.

So yeah...I should actually think this is a good thing because now NO ONE will find out it's actually Cowboy, but still...having Greenman try to signal to me that Gingee is in the area and then Captain America telling me that my 'boyfriend' is working...it's annoying, really. Neutral 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Only a few more weeks!  I've been watching Comet ISON since it was discovered and it's about to make its perihelion around the sun on Thanksgiving.  I'm praying it doesn't break up as it will be very close to the sun's surface.  If it makes it, it COULD be brighter than a full moon in the night sky!! Talk about signs in the heavens!
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:54 pm

Long day. But it went well though.

In other news.....brussel sprouts is the best food on the planet.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:00 pm

I loved them when I was a kid Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
So apparently our feet change shape over time? I had no idea. I need new shoes...
From what I understand, nose and ears never stop growing either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next