A Place for Fellowship and Fun
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What's on your mind?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:48 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Toro, your burrito has been found:

OKC Bomb Squad Says Suspicious Item Was a Burrito
No, no my friend. Toro's burritos do not cause a scare.

The scare comes AFTER Toro has consumed many burritos. Razz

Mmmmmm, burritos..... I hope someone from bomb squad ate the burrito instead of throwing it out.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

avatar

Posts : 2048
Join date : 2013-06-30
Age : 36
Location : Penn's Woods

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:50 am

Or maybe they returned the burrito to its rightful owner. And justice was served... with a side of rice and guacamole.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:53 am

Toro, after eating a burrito, you ARE a bomb threat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 am

Anyone who loses a burrito is NOT worthy of it being returned.....

Burritos are to be consumed, quickly and with a gallon of hot sauce.

Not shoved into a thermos to be lost..... do I need to travel this nation and teach people proper burrito etiquette?


Suspect You sir Saucy are correct. You must have talked to people I work with. I tell them what I ate and they all say "Oh no".
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:29 am

Yeah, I have to agree...who the heck loses their burrito? I sure wouldn't. But then again, everyone knows I have a long standing love affair with food going on.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:30 am

I disagree, in our definition of "food".

You consider a rice cake a meal. I consider it a coaster. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:31 am

If you're going to have an affair with something...food is a good bet.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:32 am




I actually hate rice cakes.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:32 am

Sauceman wrote:
If you're going to have an affair with something...food is a good bet.  
Wise words.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:34 am

Miss Spaulding wrote:



I actually hate rice cakes.
Then, there is hope for you after all my hippie friend. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:37 am

We have a super-mouse running around here. I found the sucker after he kept running in and out of my room. I'd hear a bag rustle, but when I sat up, he'd be gone. So I just sat there in silence and finally saw him run in, then back out.

So the landlord put down some poison strips around the house. The one in the kitchen is almost empty. And just now I heard him munching on the one outside my door. I got up and tried to catch him, but he was gone. The sucker is fast. So how is he eating all the poison and still alive?
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:41 am

Sauceman wrote:
We have a super-mouse running around here.  I found the sucker after he kept running in and out of my room.  I'd hear a bag rustle, but when I sat up, he'd be gone.  So I just sat there in silence and finally saw him run in, then back out.

So the landlord put down some poison strips around the house.  The one in the kitchen is almost empty.  And just now I heard him munching on the one outside my door.  I got up and tried to catch him, but he was gone.  The sucker is fast.  So how is he eating all the poison and still alive?  
Mighty Mouse! He's real! Big Eye 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:41 am

I think mice prefer the term "Mighty Mouse" to "super mouse".




^ You beat me Not Fair 


Last edited by Toro on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:42 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:44 am

^ My sister is like an assistant manager in an apartment complex and recently had a problem with a mouse in the office. Lol. Apparently in the office my sister has out a little station with coffee, coffee creamers, sugar, some candy, ect. ...Well, every morning she'd come in and there would be an empty wrapper to a chocolate candy bar and two empty half & half creamers laying in a corner of the room. He was coming in every night and having his midnight snack. LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 am

LOL! We can call him Santa Mouse Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:46 am

Tell your sister to get one of these.

Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

avatar

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 28
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:50 am

Lol. Seriously. He was like the cutest little mouse ever. He always ate the same snack, too. A chocolate bar and two creamers. He needed his chocolate and milk I guess...what a little junk food junkie. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
wannaberocker

avatar

Posts : 757
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 32
Location : DE

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 am

Sauceman wrote:
They're not?  They're in the bible.  Standards of morality and modesty never change because God doesn't.  Is truth universal or relative to each individual person?  
They are indeed not. The bible is the universal and ultimate truth, I agree. However, not everything in the bible is to be taken word for word and literally (that would be foolish). Everything we search, must be studied with its context and the message it speaks of within the context of the Christian history also.

While standards of morality do not change, the standards of modesty do change. Look at different cultures. Look at modesty as it has changed throughout biblical history.

I believe the idea of Apostle Paul regarding "if it makes your brother sin, do not do it" (paraphrase) applies here. Modesty is one of those ideas that is not internal. As modesty is often judged by others. If a man or a woman wears a bathing suit, there is nothing immodest about a bathing suit. Yet, if it leads to sinful thoughts for other and gets tongues wagging within a community. Then it is better not to wear something that shows so much skin.

I do not believe a woman wearing a skirt is immodest. Yet, if a woman wore a skirt in an Islamic nation, it would be considered immodest. The same way Christian women in some cultures cover their heads in prayer. Are we to say the women who cover their heads are modest and those who don't are immodest? of course not.

Again don't mix morality and modesty. Morality does not change, but standards of modest can change. Think of it this way morality is the rock, however, one aspect of morality which is modesty can change.

Think of dating for example. It would have been unthinkable to date at one point in Christian history. Yet, should we not shun dating and go back to marriage by trading goats and land? of course not.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 am

Well, I could easily convince you that culture has changed dramatically. I've always thought this image was funny:



For some strange reason, I do not find a woman walking around in only a bathing suit attractive. I don't know why and cannot explain it, other than to say a modest woman who is covered up is the most attractive to me. I do my best to look a woman in the eyes and engage her mind, not her breasts.

I guess my point here is modesty is a fixed point. It's probably only my opinion. Does that mean I think women should wear clothes from the 18th Century? No. We can still wear today's clothes comfortably without having to give in to societal pressures.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

avatar

Posts : 757
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 32
Location : DE

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:29 pm

Sauceman wrote:
Well, I could easily convince you that culture has changed dramatically.  I've always thought this image was funny:



For some strange reason, I do not find a woman walking around in only a bathing suit attractive.  I don't know why and cannot explain it, other than to say a modest woman who is covered up is the most attractive to me.  I do my best to look a woman in the eyes and engage her mind, not her breasts.  

I guess my point here is modesty is a fixed point.  It's probably only my opinion.  Does that mean I think women should wear clothes from the 18th Century?  No.  We can still wear today's clothes comfortably without having to give in to societal pressures.  
And at no point did I suggest that modesty as a standard dosnt exist today or shouldn't exist today. I only pointed out that head covering is a sign of submission and modesty in the bible. And those standards have changed, So if a woman dosnt cover her head, its not like shes being immodest or going against God.

Its good that you try to engage a womans mind and don't gawk at her only for her physical beauty.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:31 pm

I'm not understanding your point. If it was required of women to wear head coverings before God "because of the angels" (whatever that means, I'm still not sure), why has that changed? Because of feminism and being in submission to men was sooo 50 years ago?
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

avatar

Posts : 757
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 32
Location : DE

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Sauceman wrote:
I'm not understanding your point.  If it was required of women to wear head coverings before God "because of the angels" (whatever that means, I'm still not sure), why has that changed?  Because of feminism and being in submission to men was sooo 50 years ago?  
Give me the passage you are talking about and we can discuss it.

As far as the issue of why standards of modesty have changed? They have changed because society and social norms change and are not stagnant. Is feminism the reason? its part of the reason and not all of the reason. Clothing styles change as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:16 pm

But again, that's my question. When does society get to dictate what is modest above the biblical standard? And even though you tried to separate them, the same goes for morality. If God says A is moral and B is immoral, it will always be that way. Same with if He says A is modest and B is immodest. If it becomes okay for women to walk around bare-breasted, would it then become modest? Just because society accepts homosexuality, is it then moral and okay? Or because couples sleep together before married is more common? It's all the same to me.

Again, I personally don't care if women wear a head covering. It's not immodest to me. But if the bible says it's immodest to God, that's what matters.
Back to top Go down
Toro

avatar

Posts : 1166
Join date : 2013-07-06
Age : 38
Location : Behind you

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   

Back to top Go down
 
What's on your mind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
 Similar topics
-
» "I Don't Mind Spending Every Day...Out On the Corner in the Pouring Rain..."
» First Person That Comes To Your Mind When You Hear A Love SONG!
» {RP}State Of Mind
» Warped Mind Games, LLC is on Facebook!
» Challenges and Mind scarabs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: