ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you personally deal with stress?

Go down 
+12
Rayofsun
Soldier<3
anewhope
Ninzae
Amber.ly
Jess9450
Toro
Dandelions in the Rain
Miss Spaulding
Ethnog
Strider1002
Spunkn
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkn

Spunkn

How do you personally deal with stress? Empty
PostSubject: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:43 pm

How do you deal with stress and what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of your choice in how you deal with it?

Do you isolate yourself? Need time alone?

Worker? Focus on work and try and take your mind off things?

Throw yourself directly into the problem right away?

Procrastinator?

Food?

Exercise?

There's any number of ways people deal with stress.

Me personally I usually isolate and sometimes procrastination. The good part of what I do sometimes is that I remove myself from the situation and try to give it time to think about it. This allows me to step back from the situation a little and make better decisions.

The bad part of how I choose to do with stress is usually when I isolate too much, and just stop communicating to anyone. Having sort of the mentality of wanting to help everyone else, I will often go to extreme lengths to protect others and always try to be the strong person, even if I may need help myself, which will actually be counter productive at times so that's something I need to work on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:53 pm

Depends on the situation.. I can shut down and stop talking to people, I can get angry and lask out at people who don't deserve it, procrastination is also one way I handle it. Right now is actually a good example. I have a million and one things that *need* to be done and done soon. So what am I doing? I'm wasting time here Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 9:58 pm

I do procrastinate sometimes. And sometimes I just sit and think. Another thing I like to do is go through iTunes and make a playlist that reflects my mood. I have way too many playlists...
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 pm

I cut my hair.

Or completely shut down.

I should point on these are only when I have a very hard time.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:44 pm

I like to be alone, listen to music that fits my mood, sit outside or take a walk, watch a depressing movie like The Diary of Anne Frank...

Or buy a scarf...or 12. And maybe buy some pajama bottoms. I have a weird fetish for pajama bottoms. Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:36 pm

I guess it depends on what is stressing me out. And getting away from whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Unfortunately, I end up picking up a bad habit that I end up having to break myself of again. Each time it gets harder and harder. I am not a friendly bull when I am withdrawing from nicotine.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:32 pm

I often withdraw..or go for a walk. Something that usually clears my head.
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Amber.ly

Amber.ly

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Hmmm, I rarely get stressed so I don't know that I have a consistent pattern...

I guess I sleep more. But that may not be a reaction as much as I get stressed easier when I'm exhausted so maybe its simply the crash-and-burn part of being stressed? When I wake up after a long sleep, even if the situation has not changed, I seem to reset myself mentally.

In the two times in my life I have been furious stressed I go for a walk.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Withdraw. To think, step back, breathe, question, be refreshed,
cry, pray, plead and ask for wisdom.

Sleep more which is an "escape". Not good because I usually
becomes very apathetic.

Write. Things I can't say I can write.

Chocolates. Self explanatory.

Long walks. It clears my head and steady my heart.

Worship songs. Nothing is better than praising HIM during tough times. It is not my natural inclination but I always try to worship HIM even when I do not feel like.

Reach out. I have to do this after the "withdraw" part or else I am stuck there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Withdraw, fast. Just try to think it out and find some solution. I pray for God's Will and wait. When I'm stressed you can often find me pacing back and forth clicking a pen, or in my own world listening to music, or munching on some type of food with the best pensive face you will ever see ;D

I also procrastinate hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:18 pm

I've noticed that taking a break and spending time with friends or family helps with stress a lot sometimes; especially when I'm not entirely sure why I'm stressed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
anewhope

anewhope

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:47 am

Two months ago I started seeing an acupuncturist for depression and anxiety. It was weird at first, but it worked! It actually balanced me out. Its not cheap, but I plan on going at least once a month. I also work out, hang out with friends, even do little activities to get my mind off what I'm thinking about, even if its just for a few minutes. I also try to pray about it.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:57 am

*Moved to the General Discussion Forum*
Back to top Go down
Soldier<3

Soldier<3

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I would listen to music, draw, play the guitar or play video games.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 2:31 am

Oh dear, I am terrible at dealing with stress and it is something that I am most embarrassed about. I say this because I find my behaviour to be quite unhealthy and it is something that I pray about and work on all the time. It's not as if  Ihave one set thing I do when I am stressed, but I am always striving to be that person who just takes a walk, and has it all together again. lol. I am not them. But hopefully one day I will be.

1. I procrastinate terribly. Try to ignore the purple elephant that is squashing my life!

2. When I do start working on it, I don't stop. I always have this idea that if I work harder the stress will stop. Sometimes this is true, but sometimes it's not, and it's hard to find out when that is.

3. I do my hair. LOL. Or will do something to it like a hair mask. Trim the ends. Something, at any time of the night.

And of course, I pray. A lot. A lot a lot lol!
Back to top Go down
toastface_grillah

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:14 am

Either I try to withdraw and retreat from the situation, or (in the 9 times out of 10 when retreating isn't an option), I try to lower my horns and charge through it. I really wish I could say that I pray a lot when I'm stressed, but the truth is that when I'm stressed, I actually feel very separated from God.  Like this illustration:
How do you personally deal with stress? Pig-pen-smelly-kid-peanuts-charlie-brown
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:32 pm

When I feel myself getting stressed, I usually need a little time to myself. Take a walk, go for a bike ride etc. If I can head it off before it gets too bad, I'm good. A lot depends on where I am and what's going on, of course. Stress can make me grumpy, and people are apt to take grumpiness personally. As such, it's often better that I leave and return when I'm in a better mood. If nobody is around, however, I'll usually just plow through it.
Back to top Go down
Marycita

Marycita

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I typically need to freak out/pour my thoughts out to someone when I am stressed. Otherwise, I think everything in circles and it just makes it all worse. That and cry - I'm entirely emotional Razz
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:48 pm

exercise is a great stress reliever. Nod 
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 am

by taking my mind off what I am stressed about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you personally deal with stress?   How do you personally deal with stress? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you personally deal with stress?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: