Miss Spaulding wrote:
I wish I had some BBC to watch......

Better scrounge something up.

dr who
sherlock
north and south
merlin
chronicles of narnia
monarch of the glen (might not be bbc... not sure)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Okay, never mind, I have to post it because... it's Jim Gaffigan!

Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:16 pm

Your face kinda has a twitch. Might wanna get that checked out....
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:26 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
I wish I had some BBC to watch......

Better scrounge something up.

I don't care for BBC, but I kinda enjoyed the Robin Hood TV Series they put out. (Was a bit cheesy, but, without cheese, there would be no nachos or cheezburger.)
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am

I wrote the story of White Friday three years ago. I don't think I would write that story now.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am

^ I think that's something every writer has felt at one point. I think overall a writer is normally satisfied with his or her works, but there's always obe or two stories they wish they could change...or perhaps never written at all.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:46 am

Nah i think the opposite is true. At least for me. I always have the urge to trash everything i write unless someone stops me lol. Dandy has saved me from doing that several times
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:23 pm

In many ways, it's a relic from my unsaved life. And it's also a reminder of how easy it can be to fall into temptation, even with good intentions. Oh well, I'm done with it now. Frankly, I was beginning to get tired of White Friday Razz
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Saucy wrote:
Nah i think the opposite is true.  At least for me.  I always have the urge to trash everything i write unless someone stops me lol.  Dandy has saved me from doing that several times
Lol. My theory is bunk then. Hahahaha. Actually, if I was more active writer like y'all, I'd probably be very, very critical of my own work as well.

Strider1002 wrote:
In many ways, it's a relic from my unsaved life. And it's also a reminder of how easy it can be to fall into temptation, even with good intentions. Oh well, I'm done with it now. Frankly, I was beginning to get tired of White Friday Razz
Thing of the past. Done and done. afro
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Hey now. I feel like wearing blue today. Yes, I think I will. Singing 

Because, you know, wearing blue makes running errands so much easier.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Hey now. I feel like wearing blue today. Yes, I think I will. Singing 

Because, you know, wearing blue makes running errands so much easier.
Thanks for the tip! I'll try it next time.

This is kind of a spoiler, but oh well, I can trust you guys. My next book is probably going to be the first of a series, and the main character is eventually... eventually... going to become a Christian. It won't be quick or easy. But then, that's often how it happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Haha! Personally i wouldve tossed out White Friday as Ive done before. Many books are written as stepping stones. With each piece I write, I get much better. If it was a book that didnt reflect my current skills I probably would have completely re-written it if the story was solid or moved on. I wish I had the rights to the novel that was published by a publisher so I can yank it off Amazon lol
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:35 pm

I guess that's the scary thing with going with a publisher. A lot of the stuff I've written I wouldn't throw out (even if it was very poorly written); but some of it I would. I just have it on files somewhere. The stuff that is poorly written I can rewrite at a later time or just do nothing with it. It was more exploring backgrounds of characters within the main character's family history. But because I tried to go with an outline of some sort the writing ended up dry and boring. Apparently I can't work well with structure. And neither can my co-writer. We finally started writing a little again; and it was far from perfect but we were thinking we should just actually finish writing our story and go back and edit it rather than trying to have every little thing perfect as we go.
We started this 10 years ago and developed characters and the storyline and background; just haven't written it all quite yet. I don't know how long it will take us to write as life gets in the way and it's hard to get the time to work on it together. But someday we will publish it. =) I don't know if we will go with a publisher at all. I guess since it's more for our enjoyment of the story rather than making money or anything.
Back to top Go down
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:45 pm

You guys are so accomplished! :)I think I only really ever tried writing a story once, but I only got to the first page and then forgot about it (this was when I was about 12 years old). How do you stay persistent?

Otherwise, I usually only write short documents on different thoughts, or such which I have been contemplating; things that most people would likely find uninteresting or weird. I do enjoy writing poetry though, but there are so many books out there with poetry, and I'm not original enough I don't think. Very Happy

Alright, I need to get back to my homework, which has been on my mind this morning. I have been trying to pace myself this week with it, but I am not doing as well as I had planned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Yeah for me just writing it out without worrying about the rest was hard to do but its really the only way to finish a book. And when you just focus on the story it does turn out better.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Apricity that's usually the issue I have is getting past even the first sentence. ^_^ I honestly don't think I could ever write a long book. I don't have enough words to get very far. It helps that I have a co-writer so we can encourage each other. "Hey we haven't even looked at our story in a few years. Let's do this." ^_^ Even if we end up not being able to make time to work on it at least one of us starts thinking about it and developing characters more or other things. We just have about 21-23 pages written of the story much of it introductory. We added a page or so a couple nights ago but that was largely based off of something I happened to find in one of my notebooks that I realized I never typed into the story. I guess we hadn't used it before because we weren't completely satisfied with it. But I typed it in and my friend wrote a couple parts before and after that scene to make it make more sense. (It will still have to be edited later; but we're hoping to move on and go back to it later, something we aren't so great at doing.) So I guess it is optimism that we will someday finish our book; but I just feel so optimistic about it. I don't think I ever minded that it would take years and years to work on. I was a little disappointed in the last couple years that we weren't finished yet or nearly there - but I'm quite optimistic again. Very Happy I'm glad we don't have some time schedule that we can't meet and then feel like failures. And we love our story and can encourage each other.
I don't think I've ever gotten past the beginning paragraph of a 3rd chapter of a book I wrote on my own. I did write more when I was attempting the nanowrimo but it ended up very dry and dull so I learned that I just can't try to write a lot of words; it's not how my creativity works.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm

I keep everything I write, even if it's terrible. It's fun to reread every now and then, and it reminds me of how much I've improved.
Back to top Go down
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Apricity that's usually the issue I have is getting past even the first sentence. ^_^ I honestly don't think I could ever write a long book. I don't have enough words to get very far. It helps that I have a co-writer so we can encourage each other. "Hey we haven't even looked at our story in a few years. Let's do this." ^_^ Even if we end up not being able to make time to work on it at least one of us starts thinking about it and developing characters more or other things. We just have about 21-23 pages written of the story much of it introductory. We added a page or so a couple nights ago but that was largely based off of something I happened to find in one of my notebooks that I realized I never typed into the story. I guess we hadn't used it before because we weren't completely satisfied with it. But I typed it in and my friend wrote a couple parts before and after that scene to make it make more sense. (It will still have to be edited later; but we're hoping to move on and go back to it later, something we aren't so great at doing.) So I guess it is optimism that we will someday finish our book; but I just feel so optimistic about it. I don't think I ever minded that it would take years and years to work on. I was a little disappointed in the last couple years that we weren't finished yet or nearly there - but I'm quite optimistic again. Very Happy I'm glad we don't have some time schedule that we can't meet and then feel like failures. And we love our story and can encourage each other.
I don't think I've ever gotten past the beginning paragraph of a 3rd chapter of a book I wrote on my own. I did write more when I was attempting the nanowrimo but it ended up very dry and dull so I learned that I just can't try to write a lot of words; it's not how my creativity works.
Yeah, I can understand! That is great you have a co-writer that helps you! Smile Thanks for sharing that. Very Happy Sometimes when I start writing a document, it can be hard for me to stop, because one thought is leading into another, and there are all these connections that I hadn't thought about before, and I'm afraid I will lose them all if I stop. But most often I have a lot of trouble formulating my thoughts into an understandable manner, even if I do know what I want to write. It takes an awful lot of effort. I probably would never be able to write a fiction book, unless perhaps it was something historical or allegorical. Because otherwise I just lose complete interest, but if it were like a puzzle, or something where I'm continuing learning, I think it would keep my attention more focused, lol. It's partly why I rarely read fiction books (or I just only don't finish them always).

But anyway, it sounds like you are doing a wonderful job though, and I think it is a great idea to have a co-writer! Very Happy If you keep that up, I am sure you will be done sooner than you expect! I am glad that you are so optimistic about it. Smile

Strider1002 wrote:
I keep everything I write, even if it's terrible. It's fun to reread every now and then, and it reminds me of how much I've improved.
That is a good idea. I remember reading through some of my old poems once, and it really does make one realize how much they have changed, or it just brings back memories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:57 pm

I know with my writing, I am my worst critic. People says I'm a fantastic writer and that I should go public, but I just don't see any of my works hitting the bookstores. I keep almost all of my stories ( and my attempts at stories), but nearly 99% will probably never be seen by anyone other than me and/or very close friends. I don't even let my family see any of it....

~~~

On a different  note, I'm having some 'linner' at Panera's right now. Tortellini alfredo, asiago roast beef sandwich, and cheese pastry, FTW.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Im my worst critic in everything I do.

I tell a joke, I even heckle myself.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Squeakers wrote:
I know with my writing, I am my worst critic. People says I'm a fantastic writer and that I should go public, but I just don't see any of my works hitting the bookstores. I keep almost all of my stories ( and my attempts at stories), but nearly 99% will probably never be seen by anyone other than me and/or very close friends. I don't even let my family see any of it....
That's what pen names are for! Your family doesn't even have to know it's you Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Cold and rainy... good soup weather.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:09 pm

I'm such a horrible person! Disappointed 

I got off work and instead of throwing stuff in my car and taking them to the new place........... I didn't. Sigh I don't need to procrastinate..... yet.... still I do.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:25 pm

When do you have to move by?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next