ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hair; How long, is too long?

Go down 
+12
Squeakers
Thunder Peel
Rayofsun
mina
wannaberocker
Strider1002
Toro
Ninzae
Miss Spaulding
Dandelions in the Rain
jaapottery
Apricity
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Apricity
Apricity

Hair; How long, is too long? Empty
PostSubject: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:52 am

This thread is kind of stemmed from Dandelions thread on hair care. I am somewhat curious to know what you people think is too long when it comes to hair on others.

Ladies, how long would be too long for you with a guy? Gentlemen, how long would be too long when it comes to a girl? You can discuss both genders, I am just curious in general how each view the other, and what is just not as attractive to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
jaapottery

jaapottery

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:15 am

For me it is totally individual. I like long hair and short hair and bald heads (on guys). Now sometimes one of them suits someone better than another, but if they like it one way, who am I to say.

Men like women to have longer hair. Period. End of discussion. My hair is shorter now and one of my male friends keeps asking me to let it grow. The thing is, I had long hair for so many years that it's kind of fun to try shorter hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 10:32 am

I generally am not attracted to girls with short hair. theres something about a mess of hair that I love. but, with that being said, it is possible to have TOO much hair...like to someones bottom lol. just past the shoulders is perfect for me, but a little longer or shorter is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:04 pm

It depends on the person; some people look better with different hair cuts. I think what is most important is to look neat and clean. So if someone has longer hair they need to care for it. Some hair cuts that are really scraggly/scruffy I don't care for. Very Happy
I encourage some guys to get buzz cuts. Razz But people can do whatever they like - I don't even mind mohawks (I think they're kinda cool). Dreds are cool too. So whatever length as long as it looks neat and clean. Razz
I think though that each person is different so look better with different hair cuts so it shouldn't be the same for every person. Smile
I feel that I didn't type that very well. Basically I agree with what jaapottery said. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Well, for myself I think one more inch longer than it is will be good, longer than that would be pushing it for me. It's already about two inches passed my shoulders. Maybe more, maybe less...I haven't measured it. For what I find to be pretty on other women would kind of be the same as what I like on myself. I've never found it attractive for women to have hair so long it reaches their rear-end or beyond. Lol. It simply doesn't look good, and what a pain it must be to wash it! However, if that's what a woman wants, then that's fine with me. I couldn't care less if someone keeps their hair in such a way, it won't bother me a bit...I just personally find it unattractive. As for shortness...so long as they aren't bald, I really haven't any restrictions on how short.

For men. Well, again, referring back to my own hair; if their hair is as long as mine...then it's too long (for my own liking). I can't say there haven't been men who's hair at a length similar to my own didn't look good with it, but very few. Having said that, I do love longer hair on guys. Longer as in, just above the shoulders/and still long enough to be pulled back in a ponytail. And if it has some natural wave...Flash That makes it all the better.

I don't have any serious preferences as to short styles on men, but I don't like any of these new trendy looks. I think they all look ridiculous. Especially when men 40+ in age do it.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 pm

I always try to grow my hair out some, but I just don't think it suits me. Steve is always trying to get me to grow it out too. When I was younger I always had longer hair, but now that I've lost the weight and am older, I just think I look better with short hair. A little longer than a buzz cut. My hair is so thick and dark, it's a pain to deal with when it gets long.
Back to top Go down
Ninzae

Ninzae

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 4:53 pm

For the past two years, I've cut my hair really short from the usual - shoulder length max.
I miss my bouncy wavy messy long hair that I'm growing it longer. No short hair cuts but only doing trim in the coming months.

For men, I always like when guys have clean cut hair or shaved head. It looks fresh.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:23 pm

In general, a womans hair can never be too long.

I LOVE when a woman has long hair down to her waist.

However it is not a rule, much like me having a "thing" for brunettes. It is a general guide on if I will find a woman attractive, but just cause she doesn't match up with a long haired brunette, doesn't mean I will not be attracted to her.

A woman's hair, much like her own beauty is unique in every woman. Some times short hair works, other times long hair looks nice.

Same with hair color, I may have a "thing" for brunettes, but that doesn't mean I can't find a blonde attractive.

As for my own, I choose to have either long or no hair. Being in my 30's and NOT being a record producer or in a band, life is simply easier to have no hair than long hair.

Last edited by Toro on Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 5:24 pm

On me, I like the look of long hair. (I think I look good with any length, but the shaggy look is my favorite.) Plus it can be dramatic, hanging in my face or blowing in the wind Cool Superman 

On the ladies... I've always liked long hair, like anywhere between shoulder-length and waist-length. However, if I love her, hair doesn't matter. She could have a green reverse Mohawk for all I care. And short hair can be very cute.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks for all the replies, it's great to hear what everyone thinks. Very Happy

As for myself, I think it all depends on the person, as others said. I think that everyone can look good in different styles. On guys, I tend to like it shorter, and above shoulder at the longest. Not that longer is not attractive, I do find it attractive, but I prefer when guys don't grow it too long. Smile

With ladies, long hair is very pretty I think (from waist and beyond), although any hair length can be beautiful as well, it all depends on the person.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:44 am

As dandelions said whatever the length they got to look neat and clean. Long hair can be cool and so can short, it depends on the person and what fits them. But one thing that is universal is Neat and Clean.
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:37 am

I'm a long haired girl. But, I think long hair needs to be healthy. When it starts looking ratty and unkept just b/c of it's length then it's too long and needs to be shaped up.
Back to top Go down
Rayofsun

Rayofsun

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:59 pm

mina wrote:
I'm a long haired girl.  But, I think long hair needs to be healthy.  When it starts looking ratty and unkept just b/c of it's length then it's too long and needs to be shaped up.
This exactly.
On woman, I find long hair beautiful and something so ...neat. Lol! But how long is too long? It's too long when you don't keep it in good condition. When you don't care for it at all and let it rat-nest Razz  At that point it's time to pull out the scissors and decide what length is better for the level of effort you're prepared to put into it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Rapunzel hair. Will it happen? LOL Unlikely... but we can all dream, right?

Ooh and for guys.
Mmm that's difficult. It has to suit them. And again, maintenance is definitely important.
Even for the shaggy look, that appears to be oh so causal and free. AHA! It's a trap. It requires a lot of time, so no being lazy. :PHaha Oh I'm terrible, I know...

Sincerely,
afro Girl
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 6:34 pm

RayofSun
You should watch the 10th kingdom. =) The Rapunzel hair in that was... not manageable. ^_^ It was a bit tangled up and didn't take long. Very Happy

Personally I like keeping my hair long. But I wouldn't let it drag on the ground. I've been joking lately that I'm gonna let my hair grow down to my knees. Very Happy But I doubt I could even grow it that long.
If I did cut my hair I think I'd want it at minimum kept at mid-back length. My hair is too frizzy on occasion for it to be above shoulder length. If it's longer than I can more easily maintain it. Or contain it I should say.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Peel

Thunder Peel

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:19 am

I don't really care. I will admit that I think short hair can be really cute on women. My wife recently chopped her hair short and I love it.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lunarboulevard.blogspot.com/
Squeakers

Squeakers

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:56 pm

I used to hate long hair on a guy...until I saw one rather handsome fellow with gorgeous shoulder-length, wavy dirty blonde hair. He pulled off the long hair beautifully and kinda changed my mind a bit. >.>
Generally though, I do like guys with shorter hair. Not too keen on bald, though there are a few who can pull that off well.

On ladies...long hair, FTW. I've always loved the long hair style and always wanted it for myself...I even grew mine down to my butt once, but then a really hot, nasty summer hit and I was frustrated and...yeah...chopped off in less than a minute. :'(
I'm growing it out again, though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Squeakers wrote:
I used to hate long hair on a guy...until I saw one rather handsome fellow with gorgeous shoulder-length, wavy dirty blonde hair. He pulled off the long hair beautifully and kinda changed my mind a bit. >.>
Generally though, I do like guys with shorter hair. Not too keen on bald, though there are a few who can pull that off well.

On ladies...long hair, FTW. I've always loved the long hair style and always wanted it for myself...I even grew mine down to my butt once, but then a really hot, nasty summer hit and I was frustrated and...yeah...chopped off in less than a minute. :'(
That is definitely understandable.
I love having my hair long but two summers ago I felt like chopping mine off too. But that was because I was in Mexico and the city water was shut off randomly for a few days; so I couldn't wash my hair.. and we were working outside and so my hair was dusty. I couldn't do anything at all with my hair. I couldn't even consider brushing it in that state. It made me learn to appreciate water so much though when I got home. ^_^ If I lived in a place like that under the same conditions.. then I'd definitely chop it all off.
Fortunately it doesn't get very humid where I live. So for the most part it doesn't bother me. This summer we did have a humid week though. And that was no fun.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 11:19 pm

I like this

Hair; How long, is too long? Enhanced-buzz-1008-1379691774-5

yes and please Wink

I tend to like longer hair that shorter hair. I'm not typically attracted to guys with buzzed or cropped hair, but it really depends on the person. It might actually suit him!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Although I like shorter styles, especially chin-length to shoulder-length, I don't think there's such thing as hair being too long unless it's unmanageable or a job hazard. The length of a woman's hair is ultimately a matter of what she's comfortable with, and most people look good with a variety of styles.

As for my own hair, I think it looks best between about 1-3" long.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks for the replies everyone! I have been enjoying reading all the posts! Very Happy

Rayofsun wrote:
mina wrote:
I'm a long haired girl.  But, I think long hair needs to be healthy.  When it starts looking ratty and unkept just b/c of it's length then it's too long and needs to be shaped up.
This exactly.
On woman, I find long hair beautiful and something so ...neat. Lol! But how long is too long? It's too long when you don't keep it in good condition. When you don't care for it at all and let it rat-nest Razz  At that point it's time to pull out the scissors and decide what length is better for the level of effort you're prepared to put into it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Rapunzel hair. Will it happen? LOL Unlikely... but we can all dream, right?

Ooh and for guys.
Mmm that's difficult. It has to suit them. And again, maintenance is definitely important.
Even for the shaggy look, that appears to be oh so causal and free. AHA! It's a trap. It requires a lot of time, so no being lazy. :PHaha Oh I'm terrible, I know...

Sincerely,
afro Girl
I completely agree with you! haha!

Also, with the bold, YES! Certainly we can dream! :DI'd love rapunzel hair (if I were patient enough that is)! Very Happy

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
RayofSun
You should watch the 10th kingdom. =) The Rapunzel hair in that was... not manageable. ^_^ It was a bit tangled up and didn't take long. Very Happy

Personally I like keeping my hair long. But I wouldn't let it drag on the ground. I've been joking lately that I'm gonna let my hair grow down to my knees. :DBut I doubt I could even grow it that long.
If I did cut my hair I think I'd want it at minimum kept at mid-back length. My hair is too frizzy on occasion for it to be above shoulder length. If it's longer than I can more easily maintain it. Or contain it I should say.
Yeah, I suppose hair as long as Rapunzel's might be unmanageable! :PI had no idea people could grow their hair past floor length until about two years ago when I read up on it more. I think these are two of the prettiest past floor length hair I've ever seen: Floor length hair
Real-life Rapunzel

I am currently on an experiment to see how long my hair will grow, so I might be tempted to let it grow to floor length, but I am sure I wouldn't keep it there long if I did. I'd probably cut it back some then.

It can take a long time for hair to grow, but it is certainly possible to make it to knee length, although it does take a lot of care to get there. :)If you ever try, this lady on youtube has a lot of great tips JJJLongHair Channel

Squeakers wrote:

I can completely relate!

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that before, and long hair can be hard in hot weather. I almost felt like chopping my hair off a few times this last summer! One thing wonderful about hair is that it usually always grows back! haha Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:00 am

WOW!  Floor length? I guess you'd never need a towel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

For girls: when it gets snaggly and ratty looking. Past the bottom seems a bit too inconvenient & I've heard it hurts after a while if they aren't allowed to cut it.

For guys: No preference, I'm also not looking interested anymore. Clean is best, when it starts collecting crumbs and birds build nest its not a very good look.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:19 pm

It dosnt seem right to have a hair thread without actually having memebers post pictures of their hair and hair styles.
Back to top Go down
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:15 am

wannaberocker wrote:
It dosnt seem right to have a hair thread without actually having memebers post pictures of their hair and hair styles.
That would actually be a great idea!

If anyone wanted to post pictures of their hair, please do! Smile
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 am

Apricity wrote:
wannaberocker wrote:
That would actually be a great idea!

If anyone wanted to post pictures of their hair, please do! Smile
Okay.....Suspect if you say so, I guess I could take a picture of the hair flecks I shave off. I didn't know there was a high demand for hair specks on porcelain (or whatever sinks and bathtubs are made of).

Suspect People on the internet scares me some times. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair; How long, is too long?   Hair; How long, is too long? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hair; How long, is too long?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next