ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Myers Briggs Type Indicator

Go down 
+4
Miss Spaulding
Strider1002
Apricity
Dandelions in the Rain
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miss Spaulding

Miss Spaulding

Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 am

All of y'all are different, and your personality types more complex and interesting.

Me? Pshht. Mine is so one-sided and in concrete. Neutral Doh! Boring.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:37 am

ITCFAL

I'm too cool for a label.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:54 am

I took the test and it says I'm AWSM.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 am

This points out how inaccurate the online tests are... which I've noticed as I rarely ever got the same results from them.

I do think it is possible to figure out myers briggs without knowing the functions though; but it makes it easier to understand especially when not as sure.

This video was pretty interesting as well. It kind of explains a bit why I was confused so much with some of the letters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Apricity
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:57 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
I loved your post Apricity Very Happy It took me all day to read (partially because I was busy today). ^_^ I learned a bit and you mentioned some things I was thinking.
What are your functions that you have determined? Other than Fe. Sorry if you said already and I missed it. Very Happy
I think it is very easy for me to determine Fi and Ne which are my two dominant ones.. but I still don't quite understand Si and Te. I agree that I didn't quite understand the winnie the pooh example of Si.. I couldn't relate very well at all. I had a lot of trouble figuring out Te and Ti earlier this year but I realized one way is my teaching style if I was teaching. I can show someone my thoughts and explain something to them pretty well (Te); where as my sister can really think about something and maybe understand it but not able to communicate that idea as well (Ti). I was very unconvinced until I thought of that. Because really my last two functions are the hardest for me to tell. Si and Se I'm not sure I will ever really understand. Very Happy

Yeah my sister is Fe and I am Fi (all of our functions are opposite). And she smiles a lot more than me using her whole face. Myself I've a cold exterior. Razz I may be feeling things very deeply but no one knows (sometimes not even me).

Today has been a hard day in some ways.

It's funny you said that about introverted feelers and thinking. It frustrated me so much on reading myers briggs descriptions of INFP that fit me so well but then stuck something in saying I didn't think much. Doh!  I think a lot. Very Happy This is probably where my confusion is in figuring out if I'm F or T.. because I am very balanced in this area as far as making decisions go. (thus my heart or head thread I made) And my mind is a never ending stream of thoughts. Very Happy I wonder if most introverts are like this. Often I just stay silent and am thinking. Thinking so much that it gets hard to organize it all sometimes. Razz
That page with INFP celebrities I'm not sure about. I've noticed that people tend to label creative people as INFPs but I think they are over labeled as that sometimes. Vincent Van Gough though I've always been able to relate with him so much.. or perhaps to understand him. Maybe that's weird; but he is my favorite artist because I can relate to him. It's cool that some of my favorite authors are on the list but I do wonder if they really are INFPs and how it was determined.

Thanks for sharing the winnie the pooh functions thing. ^_^ Eeyore yay! ^_^ And Piglet too. The examples they gave of both I can relate to. Very Happy It's kinda a cute idea to just say the characters names instead of the functions.
If only I understood what they meant with Pooh. (Si) Thanks for explaining it better though. It was the consequence thing that confused me because it was saying Se was unaware of consequences; but Si as well.. but looking at the past. It seems quite contradictory. Perhaps the person who wrote it out didn't understand the differences between Se and Si fully either. That is the one that confuses me the most I think. As well as Ti and Te. But it's fine maybe someday I will understand better.

I think you are an introvert; though I've never met you in person. Maybe because you are comfortable around family your brother thinks you are an extravert. Which do you think you are?

I think that could be true about using the extraverted functions for communication. At least in my case I think it seems true.

I can't get into arguments with others. I end up upset. Razz I can have some logical discussions with people but it depends on topic and who I'm discussing/debating with.

You didn't type too much. I loved reading it. I love this topic. ^_^ If you ever want to chat about it I'm willing. Very Happy
I really enjoyed your post too! Very Happy

Oh, I guess I didn't mention my functions besides Fe. Well, I think that I use Si, Ti, and Ne as well. From the Winnie the Pooh article, I find myself relating mostly to Roo (Ti), Kanga (Fe), and then a bit to Pigglet (Ne), and Owl (Ni). So I suppose that doesn't do me much good. But I thought those were cute examples at least.

I think that Se (Tigger) was a pretty accurate description on there. I have been trying to think of how to explain Si this week, so I hope I make sense! ! Very Happy For the longest time I was having trouble understanding Si, because I just couldn't relate to what many people were saying. But suddenly it started making more sense one day while I was reading through some online posts. Partly, because I was trying to figure out how it relates to my own life.

Since Si users have a strong recollection of past sensing experiences, they can also tend to be a bit sentimental and like to relive these experiences. A good example was a month ago when my brother and I were talking about a camping trip we had as children, and recalling how good the fish and hamburger helper were that we had cooked over a campfire. All of those past experiences (the smells, the tastes, etc.) came back to me and him in vivid memories. I believe this is an indicator of strong, or well developed introverted sensing. Also, if you have a tendency to collect things, like photographs, rocks, sea shells, vintage items, etc. You may very likely have introverted sensing. Because these all are appealing to the internal senses.

Se users tend to be more in the here and now from what I have read. They are more likely to be living out the sensing experiences of the moment, rather than the past. So extroverted sensors will enjoy active sporting activities, or daring things. My younger brother who is likely an INTJ would also have Se as his 4th function, and he is into sports and different activities, which I consider a bit daring, like back flips, and all sorts of flips and stuff that I would fear breaking my neck doing (he does many more daring activities than my ISTJ brother ever would). Although since it is his lower function, I don't think it is too strong in him, and he is pretty careful otherwise. He also has hardly anything in his bedroom, and not really sentimental at all. I think that Si users tend to be much more cautious, and Se users much more daring.

Oh, that is a great way of understanding Te! I think I find being able to relate different situations to the cognitive functions helps immensely! ! I know I have a dreadful time communicating my thoughts. I was talking with someone a week ago, and I kept stalling, and I couldn't think of any way whatsoever to show them what I meant. I say "um" so much it is not even funny, so that is partly why I avoid face-to-face communication when I am not prepared ahead of time, otherwise I'm a total embarrassment. Razz The major problem is, I often know something so well, and yet, I have no idea how to explain it! When I type though, it does come out easier. But I do think you are right about how Te would work in communication. I think the reason I have so much trouble explaining thoughts that I have not worked on for a while, is because I need to process them into communicable language. A lot of my thinking process is without language really, so more of associating different things, kind of abstractly maybe? I am not really sure how to explain that. :/

Lately I have decided to write down thoughts as they come to me, since I am constantly thinking about different things, but I always forget about them soon after. Now I am just trying to figure out what cognitive function these thoughts would go with, lol. I am unsure of whether intuition, or thinking, perhaps they are just a mixture of everything. Because you brought up the idea of associating different instances, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to keep track of how I think, feel, respond, or act with different things and situations. Very Happy

Yes, your sister does sounds like she uses Fe! Smile I tend to be like that as well. Except when I am deep in thought or not around people, then from what I hear from others, I tend to almost have a very serious face (they call me grumpy though when they find me in such a state, but I really am not). Maybe because Fe is used mostly when around other people? I listened to that one youtube video you posted, and he mentioned Fi users as being self-centered. I kind of disagree a bit with him. Of course Fi users can be selfish, but so can any type. Fe users can be just as selfish in trying to get attention using their Fe. In my mind any introverted function will just be much more selective in who they share their energy with. I think that although Fe users can come across as caring and more focused on being supportive with others and feelings, they also are a bit more shallow than an Fi user would be. Introverted functions are always much more narrowed and deep, while extroverted functions are much broader and energetic, but then a bit more shallow.

The reason I think this is because I have been around a lot of Fi users. From what I have noticed, an Fi user may be even more caring and understanding of someone than those using Fe at times, and I believe this is because when they can relate to someone personally, it will impact them. I think Fe users will try relating with everyone, and to some people, this can come across as a bit shallow.

I think that the big thing is, introverted types are just much more protective and selective with what or how they share their thoughts or feelings. Smile

Hmm, I think I was going to say more, but I can't think of anything else right now, lol. Suspect 

Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:08 pm

I was thinking about cognitive functions the other day, in another attempt to pinpoint my type. Perhaps I've made a little progress. Smile 

Here's how I initially classified my functions, in order of strength:

- Introverted intuition
- Introverted thinking
- Extroverted feeling
- Introverted sensing

If MBTI type theory is correct, however, then I should have two extroverted functions rather than one. I'm definitely not an extroverted sensor, and I'm also not an extroverted thinker. Although I'm fairly quiet, I rarely point out logical flaws or focus on conspiracy theories as an introverted thinker would do, perhaps because my tertiary function is extroverted feeling. My social skills are reasonably well developed, however I don't rely on those feelings as strongly as those with with stronger feeling preferences may tend to. This leaves me with intuition. Intuition is by far my strongest MBTI preference, and the one that shines most brightly in social situations. As such, although I'm more introverted than not, my preference for intuition may actually qualify as extroverted. This would make me an ENTP. That sounds right, as some sources refer to the ENTP as "The Inventor" or even "Visionary". I've done things like keep an inventor's journal, started my own company, I enjoy creative projects, and I'm pretty good at anticipating future events, both social and technological, so the label fits to a degree.

If I'm an ENTP, then my cognitive functions should look like this:

- Extroverted intuition
- Introverted thinking
- Extroverted feeling
- Introverted sensing

I'm just intuiting here, but it's possible that I turned inward at some point because a preference for intuition doesn't fit the norm. I was also raised by two well-meaning SJ parents, who perhaps didn't encourage that trait as much as others. Maybe my introversion is actually a kind of shyness. A reluctance to express myself because intuition is likely to be regarded as weird, which would in turn feel like rejection.

That being said, it's also possible that I truly am introverted (after all, I do need alone time to recharge), and that the balanced nature of my last two preferences results in something truly different. This is probably most likely, but it's interesting to think about either way.

As for clues like messy desks and timeliness, I've found that being on time and keeping an orderly desk makes life easier. It isn't necessarily my natural inclination, I suppose, but it's part of what I consider being a responsible adult. Then again, social standards also lean that way. Stuff like that is bound to rub off on a guy.

In short, the key may lie in determining whether my intuition is more extroverted (Ne) or introverted (Ni).
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Thanks for posting. ^_^ It was interesting to think about.

In response to Apricity:
I am definitely understanding Si better now. ^_^ I have always had lots of memories that I'd think about. I have things in my room that have memories to them. I'd say most things I own. I thought your examples were good. Smile
I'm somewhat fascinated by Si now that I'm learning more about it. ^_^
If I learn anything new I will share.

I also sometimes think without language so I'm not sure if that is a Ti vs Te thing, but it could be. My sister is an INFJ so she uses Ti and I have noticed that she is a very good writer, she can express her thoughts or feelings or perhaps more so ideas that she's thinking or feeling and she does it so well when she can form her thoughts. So I think writing is a great thing for people with Ti to do, to help figure out how to communicate thoughts well. It helps me as well I think since I am an introvert though. Very Happy But I probably don't always understand things as in depth as she does.
I think this is a Ti vs Te thing though.. that I just was thinking about. When I write things I try to use the simplest language sometimes ending up in using more words to explain what I am trying to express; that is somewhat important to me so that it can be understandable; my sister though uses a lot of "big words" to express her thoughts - very well thought out and well written; but I do have to crack open the dictionary to read what she writes, at times. ^_^ I guess I should be as diligent as her in learning new words though. I tend to choose not to use them anyhow though.

That is a great idea to write down your thoughts. =)

Fi and Fe is fascinating for sure. ^_^ I can see what is good about both of them. I think I understand what you mean about Fe being more shallow; but I think that would be any extraverted function is perhaps not as deep and more outward. I don't think that is necessarily bad. I guess the word "shallow" sounds bad to me. Very Happy I guess how an introverted function shouldn't be described as selfish, and an extraverted function should't be described as shallow. I think Fe people can be very kind and openly welcoming - more openly caring for others. Sometimes I wish I could express myself like that better to others, especially lately.

In response to Miles:
If you are a Ne and an introvert perhaps you are an INTP (Ti Ne Si Fe). Or you could be a shy extravert.

How does your intuition show in social situations?

I also am probably not naturally neat. I don't really like cleaning I guess - but I've found that I feel much better when things are organized and neat even though I might not enjoy the actual cleaning part, usually. I can make cleaning fun. Just use imagination. ^_^

Here's a video that explains Ni and Ne briefly, it might help a little.

I'm not sure but I think Ne is more indecisive than Ni. I guess a better way would be to say that Ne tends to be more open to learning everything and Ni tends to be more focused.

I also thought this was a pretty good article, though I did mostly just skim through it to the parts about Ne and Ni to try and understand the differences.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Miles

Miles

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:22 am

In social situations, I seem to rely on intuition more than anything else. Not that I'm especially social, but others are likely to see my intuitive side long before they're be able to tell whether I prefer MBTI-style thinking or feeling. Although I very well may be an INTP, for the past few years I've wondered if I'm actually an INFJ. If I prefer introverted intuition, then that's probably my type.

Good point about being focused or into everything. Unfortunately, I can be one, the other, or both, depending on the situation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:53 pm

Personally since I use extraverted intuition I have had a harder time understanding introverted intuition. So last night I had a chat with my INFJ sister to get her understanding on what Ni is.

She referenced me to this video which I may have already posted in this thread but I will post again. It starts out by explaining Ni and Ne pretty well.

Here’s what was on it about Ni and Ne so you don’t have to pause it like I had to so many times while first watching this.
Introverted Intuition:
Not “ideas” it’s connecting ideas
Pragmatic, system builder
Uses symbols/pictures/analogies
Visionaries, sees future trends
Extraverted Intuition:
Idea creation comes easy
Connections between thoughts
Sees possibilities/patterns
Thinks outside-the-box

I liked this quote from the video regarding Ni and Ne
Main goal and focus in INFJ - bigger picture
Main goal and focus in INFP - live in the moment creativity

My sister mentioned that Ni is rather theoretical. I think, in a way, Ne is as well. But the difference is perhaps Ne thinking up ideas (being creative); and Ni coming up with practical theories and making sense of things. (I’m so bad at explaining this.)

My sister did point out this quote to me though that Ni is "dots connecting in a line"; and she didn't quote this but I will since I personally know it's true - Ne is an "explosion of creativity"

I’m not sure if that helped at all.

Another thing me and my sister were talking about was our primary functions and secondary functions - my sister mentioned to me that people tend to communicate the most using their first extraverted function (no matter if they are an introverted or extraverted person). So in her case (Ni Fe Ti Se) she communicates most with Fe - she’s very kind and friendly towards others. In my case (Fi Ne Si Te) all I can say is... “Imagination”. ^_^ Makes so much sense to me.

^I have a feeling he’s an ENFP (Ne Fi Te Si).

It seems to me that if your intuition is more outwardly evident than it would be Ne rather than Ni.. but then you know much better if you are more creative with it or more connecting ideas with it. I’m still learning about all this... ^_^ Hopefully this post is somewhat helpful and not annoying. Razz

If it’s annoying though... just use your imagination! And it can be the best post in the world. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:00 am

Im definitely extraverted intuition oriented
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:08 am

It's so fun. ^_^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 12:18 am

indeed it is!

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 3:19 am

I just talked with my best friend for a bit about myers briggs tonight, we were talking a lot about the functions. We've been friends for almost 20 years so grew up together. I'm [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and she is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. So quite similar, but we are also quite different. I really wanted to understand how it was that we were different so we had a fun chat. ^_^

INFP (Fi Ne Si Te)
ISFP (Fi Se Ni Te)

I was unable to find anything online comparing the two that made sense to me. No videos on youtube at all that were of any worth that I could find.

What I posted before about our extraverted functions being how we communicate made so much more sense after I had that chat today. She uses extraverted sensing (Se) to express herself to others, so basically through actions. Giving someone a hug would be an example. I use extraverted intuition (Ne) to express myself.. and I think she understands that in me more than I do sometimes. She mentioned that she would try to communicate imaginatively with people like how I would communicate with her and it wouldn't work. We would make up stories together but she couldn't understand why other people weren't quite as willing to do that as I was. Very Happy

Another thing we discussed is how we didn't get in very many fights at all in all the time we've known each other. (Of course we have gotten in some.) We think that it is because of the introverted feeling. We didn't want conflict and both of us are very much influenced by negativity and it brings us down, and we only want to express positive emotions if we ever do. So I think that contributed to how we didn't fight very often.. and I think that if we would have fought more we would have both taken it quite personally… so it's good that we avoided that conflict.
Of course we've known each other so long that we can talk about things maturely without having conflict as well. But I'm pretty sure that if we wanted to we could make each other mad.. but we don't want that.. so we don't do it. ^_^

I think it is fascinating to talk about this stuff and better understand people, and why they communicate and look at things in different ways.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:16 pm

You guys should go take the MMPI next.

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:33 pm

What is MMPI? To see if we are sane? I can assure you that I am not.

Did you take it?
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 7:22 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
What is MMPI? To see if we are sane? I can assure you that I am not.

Did you take it?

I have never taken the MMPI. I can actually get almost any answer on any psychological test because I know how they work, it's really simple. More or less the MMPI is ONE test to measure psychopathology, along the Beck Depression Inventory, STEPI (schizophrenia), Goldberg Bi-Polar Spectrum, I could continue. By the fact you think you are insane proves you are sane, most people with psychological disorders don't realize they are sick.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:43 pm

No see I know you are knowledgeable about psychology so I told you I'm insane so you'd think I was sane. Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 pm

your insanity is a well-known fact. You're actually on the FBI watch list Razz
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 1:56 pm

I think that I must have typed out a post a little while ago and not posted it. I've been thinking a lot about this and realized that the J or P indicates which function is extroverted. So if you are an extrovert with a P your primary function will be an extroverted perceiving function (Sensing or intuition) if its a J then it would be an extroverted judging function (thinking or feeling). If you are an introvert with a J then your secondary function would be extroverted feeling or thinking; and and introvert with a P would be extraverted sensing or intuition. Stereyotipically J is associated with being more decisive and P with being more indecisive or more open to different ideas. I don't think that is necessarily true because both can be desisive or indecisive; organized and disorganized. My sister is a J and I'm a P. We are both organized and disorganized in different ways.

Im having a harder time understanding extraverted perception than I am in seeing extraverted judging. I think extraverted feeling and thinking share what they are thinking more; perhaps both good at teaching/lecturing others. Extraverted thinking dealing more with logic and truth perhaps and extraverted feeling with teaching others because its the best for them and they want the best for those they are teaching. (extraverted thinking can also want the best for those they are teaching -no one is a robot one way or the other probably - but feeling is more focused on the heart and thinking more on the head I suppose.) I think both make good teachers.

I was around a couple people recently where I know one person was extraverted feeling as her primary function. She always tells what people need to do because she cares about them. And she does it to everyone even ones she's not as close with. She's a nice lady. And the other lady I think is Extraverted Sensing as her primary function. She is definitely extraverted but she doesn't tell people what to do or what she thinks all the time. She's very outgoing and seems to get along with lots of people and animals - very friendly.

Those are just some observations I made that I've been thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

I found a test that isn't all "pick one OR the other."

Gimme an E! Gimme an S! Gimme an F! Gimme a P! What's that spell??

Nothing. It's an acronym.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:12 pm

So you got ESFP? I think I was thinking you'd get an S. Because you like some of the same movies I like... but for different reasons it seems. Very Happy I was actually thinking about this yesterday because I was watching a youtube video where someone was giving the theory that people with N and S may like the same movies but for different reasons. I'm completely sure if it's true but it seems like it might be to an extent.
My best friend is ISFP; and sometimes I wondered if she was ESFP I guess since she's so friendly towards others - but then I realized that's not necessarily extroversion.

What was the test that you found?

Do you feel that the descriptions fit?
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So far the descriptions fit me pretty well. Although the relationships portion seems completely off when it comes to me. For example: "As ESFPs re-evaluate their commitments on a daily basis, their willingness to work on the relationship can change drastically as time goes by." Wrong. I don't want to be with someone if it's not for life, and I'm always willing to work on it.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:42 pm

Oh awesome. And this test actually gave me INFP. Very Happy

Yeah as far as that saying ESFPs re-evaluating commitments maybe they were basing that statement off of just one person.. And not looking at the actual morals of the people. My best friend is an ISFP and it was very important to her not to be in a relationship that wasn't for life.

I don't think that is really something the descriptions should say all ESFPs are one way or another about. I know there was one or two things I've seen in descriptions of INFPs that I haven't agreed with in the past. Like some people say INFPs wear their emotions on their sleeve.. but that makes absolutely no sense to me. Very Happy But whoever made that statement was perhaps basing it on an INFP they knew. It may be based on the fact that INFPs find honesty important so we won't fake any emotions (at least that's a tendency found in INFPs.. some can probably fake emotions..). But that doesn't mean that we will show them to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:07 pm

A lot of my social behavior really depends on what kind of people I'm with. I prefer to socialize with mature, grounded people, as opposed to overgrown children. If I'm with the latter kind, I'll often just sit there quietly and let them be as loud and crude as they want. Most of my last gf's friends were like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myers Briggs Type Indicator   Myers Briggs Type Indicator - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Myers Briggs Type Indicator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2