AuthorMessage
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Dandy, I'm so glad you asked.

I also like this one:

Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks for sharing Very Happy Feel free to share more too if you want. Very Happy

I really like Sailboat. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:50 pm

^ I should listen to those before the night is out. I'm always up for new awesome songs.

Going to watch some BBC with mom.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonbaron-greenlikethecolor.blogspot.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:

Going to watch some BBC with mom.
What show?
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
They're the ones who are wrong, Jess. I know it's easy to be swayed when you're surrounded by worldly people who try to lean on their own understanding. But you know what is right, so you have no excuse to do otherwise Smile
Awesome Sauce wrote:
The devil is working overtime right now to get people caught up in sin.  He is using these women you probably admire to get you to doubt yourself.  In today's world, it is very difficult to find someone who intends on staying pure until marriage or finding someone who doesn't think you're a total loony for wanting to wait.  It's the whole "why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free" mentality.  That's how the world is set up.  Fulfill your pleasures, do as you want, etc.  

You're not doing it wrong because you're waiting to find the right guy.  I understand the desire to be married and wonder if you should give in and do as the Romans do.  We're a weird breed according to the world.  It will never be easy, but do it God's way.  God's way is the opposite way. It causes friction with everything and everyone else.  If you turn around and change your lifestyle to fit the world, then you'll end up more lonely than you were before and even worse, probably used and dirty for what you've done.
Spunkn wrote:
People like to think that living together is a "trial" of what marriage is like, except the fact that it's not like marriage at all.  There's no commitment.  There's no bond to hold things together when times get rough.  

If something goes wrong, you just give up and say, well I guess it didn't work out.  If you're going to do that while "living together" why would it change when you're married?

"Oh it'll change after we're married" said most of the single people.  Yeah right.  

Aside from the moral and spiritual consequences (which are big) living together has been shown to increase chances of divorce by a crazy amount.  

So not only is it against what God says we should do, it's also just flat out stupid.  But the world will always follow foolishness because it thinks that it can live life any way that it wants to without God.  

But eventually that catches up with them.  

My cousin is having some serious issues right now because of living together with his girlfriend.  His girlfriend is now having a baby in December, they are struggling badly financially, and the only reason they are somewhat surviving is because my family is reaching out to them.  Even with my family giving them lots of grace, his life is now forever changed because of choices he made, one of them being living together with his girlfriend.  Actions have consequences, and people don't look at the future and what happens.  Living together may not have consequences "right now" but it will.  

Evil will become good, and good will become evil.

I feel sorry for these people, because I know they're walking the road of destruction, and they think it's the best way to live life.  Heartache and pain awaits them.
Thanks for the responses. I guess I just don't see the consequences of their actions. I mean, maybe they are there, but they certainly aren't obvious. My sisters/cousins all have great jobs, boyfriends/husbands, their own houses/apartments, their own cars, tons of friends...just from the outside it's hard to look at all that and not wonder if maybe they're doing it 'right.'
It can't just be me, right?
Back to top Go down
http://cconnect.forumotion.com
Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:06 am

It's like movies now days.  They show people sleeping together when they're not married, get into a little fight, get back together, happy ending.

That's the way it works right????

Even with real life examples, where people "look happy" living in sin.  People see others living together, they seem happy, everything's going right.  

Except they don't see all the fights, the "fake" happy faces put on for show because they don't want to let people see what's really going on.  

They break up, no big deal right? Except you carry baggage into the next relationship, and the next, and the next and it gets worse and worse.  

God is not mocked.  You can't just ignore sin with no consequences.  You may even escape -serious- consequences in this lifetime , but eventually time runs out and you have to stand before God.  None of us know when our time is out.  It's a very dangerous game to play.  One with eternal consequences.

Ask most Christians who have a testimony filled with drugs, alcohol, casual sex or whatever.  Most of them say that at the time when they were partying like crazy, it was to fill a void in their life and while they seemed happy their existence was miserable.  Sure there was the "high" of the parties or whatever, but once the next morning comes, you have to fill it with the next high.  You're never satisfied and it becomes a never ending cycle of trying to fill a hole that only God can fill.  It's a hopeless quest until that person finds Christ.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 am

Jess9450 wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I guess I just don't see the consequences of their actions. I mean, maybe they are there, but they certainly aren't obvious. My sisters/cousins all have great jobs, boyfriends/husbands, their own houses/apartments, their own cars, tons of friends...just from the outside it's hard to look at all that and not wonder if maybe they're doing it 'right.'
It is very very easy, when you see people enjoying things that you desire, to think to yourself "what am I doing wrong?" Yes, I think that way sometimes. The enemy has a lot of influence in this world, and people might have an easier time doing things their way rather than God's way. But, would you rather do it the easy way or the right way?

If God's way means being single until I die, then that's the way for me. Besides, I'll only be alive another 40 or 50 years, right? Eternity is, well... longer.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:29 am

Please keep my family member in prayer who had surgery recently. She was supposed to come home tomorrow but isn't doing great right now.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 am

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
Please keep my family member in prayer who had surgery recently. She was supposed to come home tomorrow but isn't doing great right now.
Certainly, Dandy Hug 
Back to top Go down
Miles

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:57 am

I'm thinking about relationship issues. I wrote a long post, but I should probably sleep on it before sharing. For now, let's just say that it's encouraging to see that some of you don't believe in living together before marriage. I still have every intention to wait until I tie the knot. From what I've seen in the lives of others around me, that's the right thing to do. No regrets, but it does limit one's options.

In other news, the beard is growing nicely, but it's becoming scratchy and I'm tempted to shave it. Also, it has more gray than I remember. It doesn't quite match my hair, but will probably look more brown as it fills in.
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:44 am

Think I'm going to take off after chapel friday (or possibly skip it if I'm allowed) and drive out to Seattle again for my niece's birthday
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 am

Jess9450 wrote:

It's not for us to see the consequences of others' sinful actions. That's between them and God. And God will enforce the consequences, you can be assured of that. The question is when...when will He enforce those consequences? Again, that is not for us to know or to worry about. It's hard not to, I know, I struggle with this as well...but it's not our place.

I have a sister who is, for lack of a better term, a man-eater. Her current boyfriend is separated but still married, and I know that she and he are sexually involved. Despite all this she is often blessed...it appears she has so much going for her. So, trust me, I understand where you're coming from...I scratch my head over this as well.

But the answer to your question, to your wondering is as plain as day. Their choice to live immorally is indeed wrong. The 'explanation' they give to support their belief that living together before marriage is beneficial is no explanation at all...it's an excuse. An excuse to simply justify their desire to suffice their own sinful flesh.

Absolutely.

Last edited by Miss Spaulding on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Apricity

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:54 am

Aw, will pray Hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.blogger.com/profile/01725274439852397673
PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:29 am

I feel sad that I can't keep up with y'all here.

Work is... well, work and school... school... yeah, school is gonna be tough. I mean, I'm already tired and I just started the semester. But Friday. I look forward to Friday. <3
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:36 am

Just saw these

Miss Spaulding wrote:
Toro wrote:

Suspect BAH! I call that a full nights rest. Razz
Oh my...

Actually, I've often felt most energized when I've gotten only a about 4 hours of sleep.
Exactly, if I get many hours of sleep regularly I am like the walking dead...... I get less than 4 I am the walking dead...... I get 4-5, sure its a bit rougher to drag myself out of bed, but when I do and have woken up, I get things done.

Strider1002 wrote:
Toro wrote:
Miss Spaulding wrote:
Whoa. Just woke up from a 4 1/2 hour nap. :shock:
Suspect BAH! I call that a full nights rest. Razz
That explains a lot about you Laughing
Suspect What are you saying good sir? Sput!

Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

Jess9450 wrote:

I feel sorry for these people, because I know they're walking the road of destruction, and they think it's the best way to live life.  Heartache and pain awaits them.
It can't just be me, right?[/quote]
Yeah, but as you said your are looking at it from the outside. THe inner workings of relationships are not always as pleasant as the outside seems. Have you ever heard of a couple breaking up and people saying "But, they seemed so happy together".

Additionally, your Cousin dosnt have a BF. She as a FWB. I mean even according to her own definition its simply sex based and not emotionally connected. How long will that last? that is the question to ask and who will end it? It would be interesting to see.

There is a bible verse that talks about the same issue (if someone could post it, I cant seem to find it right now). The verse talks about how sometimes Sin grows like a tree in fertile soil. People marvel at its growth and then one day they turn around and the tree has been cut down.

That is sadly the path your Sister and cousin have taken. I refuse to believe that their sinful lifestyle will lead to happiness and peace. The scriptures tell us that Sin leads to death. So do not let the outside glitter of their lifestyle cloud your judgment on what leads to happiness and peace and what leads to heartache in the long term.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 am

College football starts tonight, so, as far as I'm concerned, it's fall now.

Fall party!
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:16 am

Of course Dandy Prayer 
Back to top Go down
http://cconnect.forumotion.com
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:31 am

This is a most glorious day!!

Chick-Fil-A opened here today! Yahoo Singing Yahoo Singing Yahoo 
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:49 pm

^ Wow. You didn't have a Chick-Fil-A before?
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Certainly, Dandy Hug 
Miss Spaulding wrote:

Absolutely.
Apricity wrote:

Aw, will pray Hug
Jess9450 wrote:

Of course Dandy Prayer 
Thank you all who prayed! Hug  She's doing much better now and can go home. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Miss Spaulding wrote:
^ Wow. You didn't have a Chick-Fil-A before?
Nope, the closest ones were like an hour to two hours away. They're starting to reach across the Midwest more now, though. As I said on Facebook, I think the cow population in the Midwest is about to go up Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 pm

We had a Chick-Fil-A, for a while, then it closed. Too healthy for the folks around here, probably.
Back to top Go down
Miss Spaulding

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:54 pm

That's just so funny to me because here in Florida there's like a Chick-Fil-A on every corner just about. Lol!

I remember my uncle, who lives in California, calling my mom all excited one day because they finally got a Chick-Fil-A. Hahaha. Every time he'd visit Florida he'd get ChickFilA every day just about, so he was happy he could get it in CA.

Last edited by Miss Spaulding on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:16 pm

I need to have a conversation with the burritos in the fridge. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on your mind?   

Back to top Go down

What's on your mind?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next