ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Junior High

Go down 
+11
Toro
Ethnog
wannaberocker
Miles
Marycita
TX_CO_Matt
Dandelions in the Rain
Edwards1984
Amber.ly
Strider1002
OneHappyCookie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Junior High - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Junior High   Junior High - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 am

Wow A lot more people were homeschooled than I realized. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: Junior High   Junior High - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 10:22 am

I dispised school pretty much my entire life. My first year of middle school was in Hawaii and I spent most of it trying to stay alive, literally.

I moved to Illinois and had two years there. It was horrible. I went from a VERY diverse, multicultural school with about 1,000 students per grade to an all white school with about 100 per grade. I think the principal had little respect for the military because as soon as he found out my father was former military he gave me all kinds of crap.

So all in all, it pretty much sucked. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: Junior High   Junior High - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 pm

My Junior High / High School experience was pretty horrible.  I dropped out my Junior Year of High School (I still had almost all A's when I did drop out) and then later got my GED that year.  

It wasn't that I was bullied 24/7 although I did get picked on occasionally.  I survived by blending in and just being invisible to people.  I was also very smart, and got good grades so people wanted to be on my good side so that they could get help with homework.  

I had a pretty awful experience with my school due to sports.  Sports was king at my school, and I did like sports.  But parents at the school were causing problems at the game.  Yelling at officials, getting into fights etc.  It got bad enough that the school made a rule that all parents must attend a "class" where they learn proper behavior at games.  Yeah, pretty pathetic right? Well my parents refused to go because they weren't a part of the problem.  So I was banned from playing sports, which completely crushed me.  I was then pulled out of that school, and we tried going to a different one.  Well, going through depression (which my parents didn't know at the time, and I didn't either) going to a new school just made things worse.  That was living hell for a week.  My parents tried forcing me to go, but I ended up running away for about a day before they decided they couldn't force me to go.  So I ended up going back to my original school, just without the ability to play sports.  Ironically not long after that, they reversed the rule that they had put in to begin with.  I was pretty upset with my parents for a long time after that experience.  

I never connected with anyone at all during high school.  My best friend basically abandoned me.  I still had a couple friends, but things just weren't the same anymore.  Everyone was trying to be cool, part of the popular crowd, and putting on face displays of who they were.  I couldn't care less, and I thought the whole thing of it was sickening and obsurd.  So I pretty much started withdrawing from everyone and turned to online video games instead for friends.  

When I did end up being allowed to play sports, I hated it because I couldn't stand the attitude of everyone when we were doing it. It was all about winning at whatever cost, even if it came down to cheating etc.

I guess this was just about junior high, but it pretty much all blended together for me.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: Junior High   Junior High - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 pm

In answer to the original quesiton my JHS experience could be titled: Mean girls. But there were also mean boys.

Interestingly one of mean girls contacted me 20 something years later because she had a dream about me - all the way in Japan. Some interesting life parallels - she's living in Japan, in the Air Force, and in the last 2 years got saved.  So the good of it now is having a fellow sister in Christ I look forward to meeting again someday. Otherwise No thank you to JHS or HS.
Also my personality as an INFJ has never blended well with that stage of life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior High   Junior High - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior High
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: General Discussion-
Jump to: