ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

googling/FBing people you might date

Go down 
+12
Strider1002
Miles
Amber.ly
Ninzae
Soldier<3
Miss Spaulding
Toro
Jess9450
PinkSweetart
wannaberocker
TX_CO_Matt
Ethnog
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Miles

Miles

googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm

I don't have any interesting stories to share, but I don't see the problem with googling someone. If I search for old friends, family, myself, etc. then why not look up the interesting woman I just met? For what it's worth, if we've already met in person, then it's likely that I already know more about them than what I read online. So far, no surprises.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:09 pm

little_tigress wrote:
Ethnog wrote:
Well when you have very different names like Armenians, there isn't confusion.

haha!

Wanna know how differently my parents can think sometimes?

Last month when I came to see you, they heard about the shooting in Santa Monica and started worrying that I had been hurt because I wasn't on Facebook replying to their messages (why they didn't just text me, I have no clue)

So they knew your name because they'd seen letters and such come from you in the mail. And my dad decided he'd try to get in touch with you to make sure I was still alive. So he searched your name,

Turns out there are a lot of women with your name in the area Razz

My family are a special people. Oy.

Haha, thats funny.

I just FB searched my name and one of them is my cousin. There is about 5 women with my name in my area on FB, but none of them with the same last name as me.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I've Googled myself. Didn't learn anything.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

I think he was using whitepages or something. He said he just gave up when he saw the results Razz
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm

little_tigress wrote:
I think he was using whitepages or something. He said he just gave up when he saw the results Razz

Your dad is too funny.
Also my name is spelled differently in the whitepages so he would never find me there. LOL
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Ethnog wrote:

Your dad is too funny.
Also my name is spelled differently in the whitepages so he would never find me there. LOL

It's under Eggnog, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 3:19 pm

He's special.

I kind of wonder what they're going to do when I've moved and they don't talk to me constantly.

I guess once a parent always a parent Very Happy

but yeah I told them that in the event of anything so much as a scrape happening to me next time I'm in California that you would call them for me. Just thought you should know Wink
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Well you should give them my number too, to be on the safe side.

Strider, how did you know?!!
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Ethnog wrote:
Well you should give Toro mine and your numbers too, to be on the safe side.

Fixed. Sput!

I wouldnt text you too late in the night very often.

I would only say
"I know what you did last summer"
"Do you like, scary movies?"
"Wanna play a game"
"Hi, Im Chucky, whats your name?"
"Did you see the size of that chicken?"
Back to top Go down
Spunkn

Spunkn

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Eggnog, Eggnog sitting on a log,
went 5 miles on a nice little jog,
went to buy a car,
but couldn't get away,
salesman kept calling her,
the very next day,
what's a girl to do,
pretty girl like you,
he's not going to go away,
with a voice like yours,
he'll like anything you say.

There's only one thing left to do,
find out if he wants 10 kids,
and if he says yes,
then you say "I'll surely marry you!"

I don't know why I got in the mood for that, but yeah...
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 pm

You should send this to David.
Oh my goodness that was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
anewhope

anewhope

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 17, 2013 2:35 am

Yup, I've FBed and googled people before. I try not to, so I can learn about them the old-fashioned way, but sometimes I can't help myself Razz.
Back to top Go down
sampa

sampa

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 9:42 am

All the time, google and facebook. Years ago when myspace was the thing I had a guy set up a myspace account while he was deployed to afghanastan. I didn't feel like I had the complete picture of his life and that he was hiding stuff. Even though I'd worked with him for 4 months, he was hiding stuff. When confronted he tried to use the line of me being judgemental. Prayer and giving it up to the Lord helped me walk away from that one.
Back to top Go down
Hadassah

Hadassah

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 am

Oh my. LOL I just Googled myself and the first two entries to pop up are my Pinterest and Etsy acounts. Razz Oh well.

I have not Googled or FB anyone unless someone said something odd about someone. For instance, my friend set me up with her brother in law. Oddly enough down the road she told me about something in his past so I Googled him. Yeah...she apparently wasn't that good of a friend. *sigh*

Other than that, I can't recall having ever looked someone up. I guess it just never occured to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:38 pm

I googled "Ethnog" and in the pictures section I found my pic and it was the link to my pinterest. I freaked out a little bit and then realized, it was all my doing. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I've done it; actually checked him out on Linkedin. Seems legit hahaha
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: googling/FBing people you might date   googling/FBing people you might date - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

googling/FBing people you might date
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChristianConnection :: Fellowship :: Fun Topics-
Jump to: