ChristianConnection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skin care

Go down 
+9
Amber.ly
PinkSweetart
mina
Dandelions in the Rain
Strider1002
Toro
Jess9450
wannaberocker
Ethnog
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ethnog

Ethnog

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 1:52 pm

I didn't know if I should put this in "Fun Topics" or "General Discussions." Jess, please move the thread to whichever place it should be in, thank you!!

So I did something a few weeks ago I usually never do. I bought a product from an infomercial. The product is called, "Meaningful Beauty." I have been using their cleanser and the Crème de Sérum at night. The cleanser is absolutely delightful and have really brighten my skin tone.

Last night I went to the L'Occitane boutique and got Bonne Mere (milk) hand wash. I meant to get the body creme but I picked up the wrong product. I thought about returning it but honestly, its so wonderful I don't even want too. It left my skin so soft. And I love the light fragrance.
I also love their original shea butter creme and my very favorite is the Milk concentrate body lotion. It is heavenly.  

What are some of your favorite products?
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:08 pm

I don't really have a product per say. But recently I started following this blog by a guy who does topics on Men's Skin Care. I had no idea there were so many men's skin care products out there. Also I was watching Dr. Oz one day and they were talking about how important it is to use a cleanser and moisturizer with SPF 30 or higher and how most men don't use it and it can really damage your skin in the long run.

The funny thing is that it use to be were men wouldn't use any skin care products (like my dad). But, recently I was sitting with my mom and dad and my dad says to my mom "my skin feels really dry and rough. What should I do"? ............ It was funny cause my dad is someone who has never used any skin care products like a moisturizer or anything. But, yeah people need to take care of their skin cause its crazy how much sun, dirt and pollution can do to your skin.
Back to top Go down
Jess9450
Admin
Jess9450

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 pm

yeah, this is fun!
Back to top Go down
https://cconnect.forumotion.com
Toro

Toro

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm

For me.

Soap

The most "special care" I give my skin is an olive oil soap wash on my scalp after I shave it and I only came by that accidentally, but it helps after I shave.

I will end up looking like a leather glove in a couple years but.... meh. I've never been a pretty boy, even if I am devastatingly handsome.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I went to Alabama years back, it was the first winter I spent outside of humidity. My knuckles got so cracked and dry that blood was streaming down my fingers. I still refused to moisturize.

When I came home, they pretty much instantly healed when the humidity got to them. (5-10 mins)
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Toro wrote:

I went to Alabama years back, it was the first winter I spent outside of humidity. My knuckles got so cracked and dry that blood was streaming down my fingers. I still refused to moisturize.

When I came home, they pretty much instantly healed when the humidity got to them. (5-10 mins)

why did you refuse to moisturize?
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Toro you do realize you aren't any less of a man by putting on product or using such products to help you!

Back to top Go down
Strider1002

Strider1002

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:28 pm

I use a couple of Mary Kay products on my face. A gf got me to start using them.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:31 pm

The only thing I really use is sun screen if I remember. I should take better care of my skin though. What sort of products you you all recommend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
Ethnog

Ethnog

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Dandelions in the Rain wrote:
The only thing I really use is sun screen if I remember. I should take better care of my skin though. What sort of products you you all recommend?

What are you looking for specifically?
What is your skin type?
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 am

Ethnog wrote:
Toro you do realize you aren't any less of a man by putting on product or using such products to help you!

Not specifically about Toro. But just in general.

Yeah I personally never understood the concept of men not taking care of themselves. There is nothing manly about not taking care of yourself.

Now can certain men get way to involved into the whole taking care of themselves? To the point where they start becoming metrosexuals? sure.

But, doing basic things to look and feel good is perfectly manly.

I don't know why some men expect the woman in their life to maintain an attractive outward appearance. While they ignore their own outward appearance. I mean hey I don't expect my woman to have construction worker hands. So why shouldn't my hand also not be soft and touchable for her and my own sake.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:00 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Toro wrote:

why did you refuse to moisturize?

I was young (Early 20s) and saw moisturizing as girly.... I said BAH! its just a little blood, Im good.

Ethnog wrote:

As an older, wiser bull, yes, I realize this. But being young and hard headed..... I didnt need anything but what my body provided (for moisturizing). It was about the same time I was dosing high amounts of creatine (Not higher than suggested, but high amounts all the same, I believe I was taking 10 grams a day. Much higher than the average person, but about the norm for your average bodybuilder and what the instructions said to use.) which if I had continued would have likely lead to kidney failure.

As for taking care of myself (I know it wasn't directed at me) I tried to take decent care of myself. (aside from the creatine, I didn't know it was hurting me until all the pain, when I did I stopped)

I still dont do much skin care outside of hygiene because I feel I am being vain. Besides..... I dont care to put cumbers on my eyes and mud masks (or whatever that stuff is) to much hassle to fight a battle that I will inevitably lose no matter how much skin care products routines I take part in, I'm getting older, I have no shame in that. (If there is any shame in getting older, it is simply I am not where I though or would like to be at my age.)
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah iv never been a fan of Creatine. I use to know this really muscular guy at my old gym who was very much into taking creatine and he would always tell me "Man you got to take this stuff". And in my mind Id always think "Well this dude takes creatine and hes crazy as a bat, so I think ill stay away from it" lol.

Yeah, I don't have any beauty regime or anything. I just do the basic, cleanser n moisturizer with SPF 30. Which is more than some dudes. It wont stop me from getting older, but at least it protects my skin from getting weather beaten and rough.
Back to top Go down
Ethnog

Ethnog

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 pm

You are being too general about it, Toro.

This isn't about doing the girly stuff to take care of yourself.

The other day my dads skin was burned so much under the sun because he did not put sun screen on. He was hurting for the day. All he had to do was put sun screen and it would have either stopped it or not have hurt so much. There is no "shame" in taking care of yourself.

This year I am turning 98 years old.
I tell them my secret is SPF! *wink*
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm

wannaberocker wrote:
Yeah iv never been a fan of Creatine. I use to know this really muscular guy at my old gym who was very much into taking creatine and he would always tell me "Man you got to take this stuff". And in my mind Id always think "Well this dude takes creatine and hes crazy as a bat, so I think ill stay away from it" lol.

Actually, you aren't staying away from creatine if you eat meat... (A steak has something like .9 grams) it is natural and healthy when small doses are in the body. But you know the saying "To much of a good thing..."

I will use sun screen, but.... only if it doesnt feel greasy. Of course, I live in Tx, the place so hot....you dont actually want to be in the sun any longer than needed.

Ethnog wrote:
You are being too general about it, Toro.

This isn't about doing the girly stuff to take care of yourself.

The other day my dads skin was burned so much under the sun because he did not put sun screen on. He was hurting for the day. All he had to do was put sun screen and it would have either stopped it or not have hurt so much. There is no "shame" in taking care of yourself.

This year I am turning 98 years old.
I tell them my secret is SPF! *wink*

Maybe you should have an intervention and everyone come see me and bring sunscreen. Razz I do take care of myself, I just dont do any "beauty tips" is all. I have been burned, bled and everything enough to know now.... forget looking macho... Im tired of suffering in silence. Sput!

But as for putting on anti wrinkle creams and all that other skin care stuff.... those "beauty" products.... I say BAH! If the Lord didn't want my body to age.... He has the power to stop it from doing so. Til then.... I will grow old and work on a Sean Connery impersonation so I can still be sexy at 98.
Back to top Go down
Dandelions in the Rain

Dandelions in the Rain

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm

When I wear sunscreen I wear spf 70... Very Happy I have two bottles one that says its for face, and another that doesn't specify. This is the first summer in many years that I haven't gotten very badly burned. Smile I guess the summer isn't over yet though. Aloe Vera straight from the plant is best for sunburns. Smile
As far as lotion goes.. I never use it because I hate the feeling of it on my hands. I used to have tons and tons of bottles of lotion that I never used.. so I just gave them all away a couple years ago and just kept a few just incase. Very Happy There was one bottle of lotion that I loved the smell of though.. and have never found it anywhere. Those kinds of lotions are worth using. ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/jazzflute05
wannaberocker

wannaberocker

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Toro wrote:

Actually, you aren't staying away from creatine if you eat meat... (A steak has something like .9 grams) it is natural and healthy when small doses are in the body. But you know the saying "To much of a good thing..."

I will use sun screen, but.... only if it doesnt feel greasy. Of course, I live in Tx, the place so hot....you dont actually want to be in the sun any longer than needed.

Yeah I meant creatine supplements.
Back to top Go down
Toro

Toro

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Laughing Oh okay, I thought you were saying that it would make you crazy
Back to top Go down
mina

mina

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 am

My grandma taught me to always always always use sunscreen and moisturizer.  She died in her 90's and she had the most gorgeous skin.  So I use a cleanser and a moisturizer that has sunscreen in it every day.  And at night I use a night cream. I use Mary Kay.
Back to top Go down

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:28 pm

My skin is nuts. I have psoriasis and rosacea. I had found products that worked really well on my skin (Aveeno face wash and Eucerin night creme, that I used in the daytime), but having a baby has changed my body in ways I wasn't expecting. I figure it must be that because I eat pretty healthy and stay out of the sun. My skin is currently going crazy no matter what I use. I have to be careful to avoid all face wash and moisturizers with sulfates and retinyl palmitate, so it's taken awhile but I think through searching online, I may have finally found something that might work (Earth Science face wash and Dessert Essence moisturizing creme).
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I can never get into the habit of using skin care products. Honestly, years of battling severe cystic acne and using multiple types of lotions, creams, and balms to treat that, made me not want to use another skin care product ever again! The most I use now is body lotion and sunscreen if I remember to put that on. As for washing my face, I just let the shower I take every night deal with that. Plus, right now I'm using this really awesome mineral make-up that makes my skin SO awesome and wont rub-off AND it doesn't clog my pores. But sadly, I'm running low and wont be able to afford it again. Boo. lol

Since I'm not rich I can't really afford fancy creams and stuff. But I would like to use anti-aging cream when I can afford it one day, because I like the way it makes my face feel. My grandmother used cold cream to moisturize, and her skin was always so beautiful, so maybe I'll use that.
Back to top Go down

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:48 pm

Pink, what mineral make up are you using?
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 am

Tink wrote:
Pink, what mineral make up are you using?

It's called Purely You mineral make-up. A girl at my churchs' sister sells the make-up... I think it's her company. Something like that. So it's not a well known make-up. She gives free samples, too! So check that out.

I think if you google it the website should come out with the same name. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amber.ly

Amber.ly

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 9:31 am

PinkSweetart wrote:

It's called Purely You mineral make-up. A girl at my churchs' sister sells the make-up... I think it's her company. Something like that. So it's not a well known make-up. She gives free samples, too! So check that out.

I think if you google it the website should come out with the same name. Smile

I totally just ordered a sample pack! Thanks for the recommendation. I also have dealt with acne and red skin from age 11 on and I have given up on skin makeup (I do still use eye makeup) so I'm hopeful that maybe this stuff will work for me!

As far as my skin care goes- I've used literally over a hundred products over the last decade and never found a single one that doesn't somehow aggravate my acne or make my face redder. Even "gentle" stuff usually kills me. So now I wash my face in the shower and occasionally use Cetaphil moisturizer.
Back to top Go down

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

I ordered samples too! Thank you, Pink!
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PinkSweetart

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 am

Yay! I really hope the make up works for you girls. I love it and I have sensitive skin too! And being able to sleep in this stuff and not break-out is a pretty big deal. ^_^ And it's so light and clean feeling lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skin care  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skin care    Skin care  Empty

Back to top Go down

Skin care
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next