A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football... the real kind... American!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:20 am

If Schaub is our starting QB next week, there is something seriously wrong with the Texans' organization. If this season hasn't cause McNair and Kubiak to lose faith, I don't know what will.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:31 am

You all may say I'm crazy, but I thought the best game today was the Patriots/Bengals game. It was so suspenseful because you knew one touchdown could win it! And every play was highly contested...
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:32 am

Well, ya'll can always pick up Josh Freeman Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:01 am

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
If Schaub is our starting QB next week, there is something seriously wrong with the Texans' organization. If this season hasn't cause McNair and Kubiak to lose faith, I don't know what will.
He will be, Kubiak doesn't have the guts to remove him as starter.

The problem IS Kubiak, YES, Schaub is the one making boneheaded mistake after boneheaded mistake. Bad throw after bad throw, but Kubiak doesn't pull him. (When he does, it is simply for what is left of a game he has already flushed down the toilet. He will not pull him and say "Yates or Keenum is our starter, until Schaub can prove he deserves to start".)

Kubaik AND Schaub need to go, as I said earlier, I supported Schaub from day one. Now, I am DONE with both of them. This team will NOT go anywhere until these two are gone.

The sad thing is, IF Kubiak is fired, we will likely only end up with Wade as our new HC. It's an upgrade from Kubiak, but not by much. McNair and the Texans organization will use it for a feel good PR story. "A Phillips is back in Houston making the tough calls" which then means we will be stuck with a slightly upgraded Kubiak for another decade, waste the carriers of talented players such as JJ Watt and others just as we have wasted the career of AJ. (Yes, AJ still shined, but imagine, just imagine what he could have done with QBs other than Carr and Schaub throwing to him.)

Since we won't really stand a chance of doing anything concrete we will become the Browns, we will return to the level of bottom feeders, as no one will want to play here.

IF we go a different route than Wade, we COULD be back in this thing as soon as next season. As is per Houston's usual, our team has the talent to get there, just lacks the leadership to do it.

I want to see a coach that plays to win, I don't care how he runs the team to be honest. Texans players say Kubiak is "nice" that's fine, you don't NEED to be hard to get results.... but when being "nice" doesnt provide results, I want an "in your face" coach to get the job done.

Kubiak doesn't have it in him to do that, sure, he may "talk loudly" but, his threats have absolutely no weight to them. Schaub has looked SOOOO bad, yet, you KNOW he will STILL play Schaub next week.

It takes guts to make it to the Superbowl and even more to win it. Kubiak just doesn't have what it takes.  Kubiak plays not to lose, he doesn't play to win. Kubiak doesn't want to make the other team feel bad, so, we get a lead and he will sit on it. I wouldn't care if he was a good HC and just didn't want to "tip his hand" and show the whole playbook in a game he had a lead in, but, come on.... that doesnt mean you have to play predictable football. That kind of leadership simply will not win you a SB, IF you even manage to see one.

Short of a hand of God miracle, our division belongs to the Colts, again. IF they replace Kubiak at the end of the season, there is hope, with folks like JJ. If they go the route they will likely take in Wade Phillips, this team will NOT likely be relevant again til he too is removed.

Kubiak is as I have been saying for years now, a cancer to this team. Wade would be a different cancer (slightly less serious) but a cancer all the same. IF he is anything more than our DC, I weep for my team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Saucy wrote:
Suspect I guess he chokes in SB and playoff games so he could know how that feels as well? Sput!

PM has a shot to see the SB again this season no doubt, but I doubt he will reach it. He is old and it is STILL a long season away til its all done. Im not sure he can maintain the pedal to the floor the remaining 11 games AND in the playoffs.

Of course a worn down PM is better than a "fresh" Schaub, but still that's not saying a lot.

Let us not forget the number one seed last season. They may take it again this season, I just don't see them getting all the way.

Of course, Manning may get there and win and IF he has a competent QB opposing him (Competent meaning he doesn't suffer from Schaubitus) I will have to stop calling him a "choker" and will give him credit for a SB win. (I've said it before, Im unimpressed when your opposing QB is Rex Grossman and doing NOTHING to sustain a drive and give the D a rest. The bears had a DOMINATING D, but even a beast of a defense needs to rest or even an old lady could see the endzone eventually.)

But til then..... *grabbing throat making choking sounds* Great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Well, he's a year younger than Elway was when he won back-to-back Super Bowls. And Manning has a better team than Elway did.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Just his first close game this year.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Saucy wrote:
Well, he's a year younger than Elway was when he won back-to-back Super Bowls.  And Manning has a better team than Elway did.
That may be so, but he would need to prove he can win one with competent opposition before I can call it "his" this early in the season. Still a long way to go, until he proves he can keep such momentum through a full season and beyond the playoffs, Im just not a believer.

Again, my belief that he will wear down is based on what he has shown. Not because I think he is a bad QB.

Strider1002 wrote:
Just his first close game this year.
They also haven't faced a legit contender either, none of the teams they beat are above .500 currently (500 if you take away one loss to the Broncos) (The Ravens being the only exception at the beginning of the season.)

The Jaguars will not be a real test, the Colts MIGHT be their first possible test. (Ravens, it being the first game.... yes it was a win, but how much of the tale does that win tell?)

I am not saying the Broncos are bad, they are indeed legit, but everyone calling them SB champs already is a bit of a reach considering this point of the season. Their opponents haven't exactly been the cream of the crop to this point. Yes, they can only beat the teams they play, but it is still way to early to simply give the Broncos king of the mountain status, even in a meme. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Saucy wrote:
Well, ya'll can always pick up Josh Freeman Very Happy
someone already picked him up, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Every year there is always a team who is 5-0 that everyone talks about. And usually people who are NOT fans of that team get tired of it. Last night, Manning surpassed Dan Marino and is now the number two passer of all time in the record books. Denver is having the greatest start of any team in NFL history. That still doesn't mean they won't lose a game or two or make it all the way. I understand the difficulty involved for ANY team. I will always remember the Patriots who went undefeated then lost to the Giants.

The Cowboys showed a weakness in Denver's defense. You basically have to score more than 50 points to beat Denver though. And with Von Miller and Champ Bailey returning in the next few weeks, the D will only get better. Denver already has the top running defense, but if you add the best pass rusher and one of the best CBs, that will shut down team's passing options.

ADDING to the fact that Manning is still getting better. Even Tony Dungy says that Manning will only get better as the season goes on. I know you hate Manning and are tired of hearing about Denver, but you sound very bitter. You gotta give the guy SOME credit right now. He's playing better than any QB in history.

Teams that have a chance to beat Denver: Kansas City, Indianapolis, Houston. At worst, we can be 13-3. But I don't see any of those teams having a good enough offense to score 30-50 points, especially as Denver's D gets better.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Saucy wrote:

Teams that have a chance to beat Denver: Houston.  
Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 

Honestly? I am biased like crazy and I say No.

Texans without - Schaub and Kubiak Yes, currently though.... not gonna happen. IF.... IF they pull their heads out during the Rams game and find their stride. I will be happy. IF they lose that game, Im calling the season.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:59 pm

Any given Sunday, Toro. Any given Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Any given Sunday, Toro. Any given Sunday.
Not when your own QB has scored on his own team more than the opposing teams. Suspect

I am angry, VERY angry. Of course unlike some dumb fan storming his house, I can separate dislike of Schaub the QB and respect for Schaub the man.

I KNEW he would start against the Rams, IF they would simply start Case or TJ (Preferably Keenum as I don't see Yates as "the future") for the game against the Rams, THEN give Schaub a chance AFTER that week. Then I would be "okay", because at least it would show they want more than what they have been putting out on the field and proving it by doing something different.

Schaub starting...... Mad  it just says "Yes, what we put out there last time was pathetic..... and the previous games weren't all that spectacular either...but, we don't care." Currently, it simply feels like status quo THAT is the part that angers me most.

Schaub/ Kubiak the man - Id shake hands and offer to buy them a beer or something.

Schaub/Kubiak the QB/HC - Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:20 am

I'm so glad that Denver gets Champ Bailey back for tomorrow's game. Then Von Miller next week.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't think I've ever watched a Packers game where it felt like we were losing and we actually weren't. But that is how I currently feel after one half against the Ravens. A looooot of bad just happened. Injuries, sacks, turnovers, a missed field goal...

They've lost two wide receivers and they only had four active today. Yikes.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:15 pm

As long as they don't lose Cobb Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah well Torrey Smith hasn't touched the ball once today.  Thanks Green Bay defense Razz
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Guys are always getting injured against the Ravens. You can't tell me that's not a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
As long as they don't lose Cobb Razz
They did actually. Cobb and Jones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:24 pm

Nah Ravens are dirty birds.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:31 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Guys are always getting injured against the Ravens. You can't tell me that's not a coincidence.
Too many negatives. You can't tell me that IS a coincidence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:08 pm

KEENUM IS STARTING!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm

Is he better than Schaub?
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:10 pm

I don't think he is. Texans fans in general have saddened me lately.

Also, there's a lot of buzz around the Indy area this weekend about the Colts-Broncos game on Sunday. I looked at ticket prices, but they're pretty outrageous, so I'll be watching it with some friends who are Colts fans. Should be a good one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next