A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football... the real kind... American!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:58 pm

It's always nice to see the most over-hyped team lose...

Since the Steelers aren't playing today, I get to see the game I want to see: Philly and San Diego :bounce: 
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Johnny Manziel is overhyped (although he deserves a lot of it for several reasons), but not A&M. As far as teams go, Alabama definitely gets more hype than any other team in the country.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Also, Aaron Rodgers. He makes me happy. =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:41 pm

He gave you a lot of points today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of my other players have underperformed (aka Jared Cook, Jamaal Charles, and Adrian Peterson)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 pm

They said the Broncos game would be an offensive shoot-out, but it's been a defensive struggle haha
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Actually just kidding about Jamaal Charles. I missed his receiving stats and he actually had a good day Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:41 pm

I regret trading Dez Bryant now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:46 pm

I was hoping the Raiders would put up more of a fight Razz

A blow-out is not so entertaining.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:11 am

ha!
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 am

That final score was closer than I expected Razz

I've been busy watching the Pirates celebrate Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:11 pm

I think the Broncos will have a tough game against the Eagles this week. They can put up some decent points. And the offense is a little one-dimensional right now, so I think they will try to fluster Manning by adding pressure. Though, that's what Oakland tried to do and fail. Denver should try to get their running game going this week and take Philly by surprise. If they do, it will throw off my fantasy points a little, but I doubt they'll turn away from what has been working so far.

Towards the end of the Monday Night game, Denver started just running the ball and gaining some yardage that way because Oakland's defense was spread out on the field anticipating the pass. Is any offense truly unstoppable?? The Giants proved against the Patriots in the Super Bowl that defenses win championships. But if Bailey comes back this week and then Miller returns Week 7, Denver really will be the team to beat with a top offense and defense.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
 Is any offense truly unstoppable??  
I think so. It's a hard thing to measure because of all the variables that go into success of a offense. This is why I want to see an Oregon v Alabama national championship in January. The best offense in the country vs the best defense.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:49 pm

If any team has a perfect season, I won't mind if it's the Manning Broncos Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:21 pm

TX_CO_Matt wrote:
Awesome Sauce wrote:
 Is any offense truly unstoppable??  
I think so. It's a hard thing to measure because of all the variables that go into success of a offense. This is why I want to see an Oregon v Alabama national championship in January. The best offense in the country vs the best defense.
That might've been true last year, but this year Alabama's defense really actually isn't as good. Last year that was like the premier matchup that I really wanted to see in the national championship. I thought it was lame that Notre Dame went. It would still be a fun game to watch this year, though.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Awesome Sauce wrote:
I think the Broncos will have a tough game against the Eagles this week.  They can put up some decent points.  And the offense is a little one-dimensional right now, so I think they will try to fluster Manning by adding pressure.  Though, that's what Oakland tried to do and fail.  Denver should try to get their running game going this week and take Philly by surprise. If they do, it will throw off my fantasy points a little, but I doubt they'll turn away from what has been working so far.

Towards the end of the Monday Night game, Denver started just running the ball and gaining some yardage that way because Oakland's defense was spread out on the field anticipating the pass.  Is any offense truly unstoppable??  The Giants proved against the Patriots in the Super Bowl that defenses win championships.  But if Bailey comes back this week and then Miller returns Week 7, Denver really will be the team to beat with a top offense and defense.  
Denver's offense is stoppable, but there just aren't a lot of teams equipped to do that right now. But the Broncos really haven't been tested yet with the Eagles, Giants, and Raiders being their matchups. A game against a team like Seattle or even Cincinnati would be more difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:25 pm

I think the Chiefs will be Denver's most difficult defense this year. Which is odd saying so haha. Normally it's one of the easier games.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:45 pm

To be fair, it's difficult for anyone to play defense now with these crazy rules. Because of low-lifes who only want to see touchdowns all the time.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:20 pm

It is definitely a game that favors the offense no doubt. I wouldn't call them low-lifes, though. Just people looking to prevent unnecessary injury. And it's not really the fault of the rule-makers. I place more blame on all of those players, most of whom I think just want to make a few bucks, that sued the NFL for their supposed existing conditions that have come as a result of concussions.

That doesn't mean it's not possible to stop an offense with good defense, though. Look at how the 49ers have become stagnant on offense due to solid defense by the Colts and Seahawks the past two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Well, part of it is the NFL trying to pander to the fans who just like offense... the same way Michael Bay panders to people who just like explosions Razz
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Strider1002 wrote:
Well, part of it is the NFL trying to pander to the fans who just like offense... the same way Michael Bay panders to people who just like explosions Razz
Both of them are fun to watch.

A DOMINATING D however will NOT win you a championship (proven by the Bears/Colts SB years back.) THE ONLY ring P Manning has and it was off the back of the opposing QB..... one Mr. Rex Grossman.

If not for Rex's inability to throw a pass to save his life. The Bears D would have been able to rest, instead they were out there most of the game and as happens in such cases, got wore out and THAT is when PM started doing something.

That is why, I don't "respect" the ring he has. When he beats an opposing COMPETENT QB, then I will concede that he CAN win a SB.

His brother at least had to beat Brady as an under dog.

Brady > Tackling dummy > Me > Grossman Sput!

Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:26 pm

To give him a little credit, though, he did beat Brady to get to the Super Bowl. In fact, he had to win three playoff games in order to get to there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah, quarterbacks don't face fellow quarterbacks. They face the team's defense. If he defeated one of the league's top defenses to get there, then it was a solid win. Just because he faced Rex Grossman doesn't mean it was less legitimate.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
To give him a little credit, though, he did beat Brady to get to the Super Bowl. In fact, he had to win three playoff games in order to get to there.
Yeah, that Colts/Pats playoff game was one of the best ever.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Which is EXACTLY why the argument PM worshipers use is invalid.

They say things like "He didn't have the people to get him the win in the SB" Yet, he had the people to GET there?

If you can get there, you are good enough to win it.

Don't get me wrong, PM is a GREAT QB, I just don't crown him G.O.A.T.

His talent is good, his dedication and ability to read a defense is what makes him GREAT.

I don't look at him as a cream puff, just not the G.O.A.T. any time I say that people look at me like I am insane.

True, lack of a ring does NOT mean that they can't be the G.O.A.T., there are PLENTY of amazing QBs in the past that never got there. They have the luxury of the "Didn't have the people to get them there" argument.

Getting there, then saying "He doesnt have the right people" is invalid for someone like Manning that has been to the SB a few times,  playoffs more times than you can count and yet still fallen short. Me saying he can't win a SB isn't to say he is horrible, simply stating what past showings have stated.

Unless the opposing QB is a HUGE liability, he is likely to choke.

Being the weapons he has this season, he will likely prove me right or wrong this season. However, if he loses with those weapons, I shall never let it go and it will be my slogan for PM forever, set in stone. Yahoo

He can get you there, just can't win it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next