A Place for Fellowship and Fun

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Football... the real kind... American!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:14 pm

The Broncos are losing. Again. To the RAMS! I know it's still preseason, but the starters have been in half the game so far. They have looked poor all season. I really hope the Broncos are just really backing off showing their game plan and not trying. A team that talented shouldn't be losing to the Rams.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:54 pm

Overtime in a preseason game. Joy.
Back to top Go down
http://rjbooks.wordpress.com/
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:17 am

Strider1002 wrote:
Overtime in a preseason game. Joy.
I saw the Giants - Jets game went to overtime. My question: WHY? it's preseason, just end in a tie.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:20 pm

Corruption. "Well, Tom Brady is a big draw, so let's make rules against him getting touched."

"Well, Johnny Manziel is a big draw, so we can't punish him too much for breaking the rules."
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 pm

Tebow got released. Sad to see that kid get released, but im sure he will land on his feet somewhere. Buffalo Bills maybe.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:11 am

Joe Flacco is certainly making a case for how elite he is Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:47 pm

I am a depressed but cautiously optimistic Packer fan today :/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:58 pm

aww yeah I saw that game. I'm sorry they lost in a close one.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:55 am

I'm going to get tired of hearing about Colin Kaepernick real fast...
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm

He deserves credit, though. The Packers were all like, "We won't let you beat us with your legs this time." And he was like, "Okay." And he beat them with his arm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:26 pm

And a little help from the fellas in black and white.
Back to top Go down
Toro

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:07 pm

Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick *gasp* Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick Colin Kaepernick

I couldnt resist. Sorry 

I know how you feel though, I have felt the same way about P. Manning forever and a day it seems.

Look at the bright side, at least Mathews got a dirty hit in on him. Suspect 

(You can say it was clean, but when someone is on the sideline 99.99999999% of the players will simply bump him out, not dive at him. Especially a QB that is headed out of bounds anyway. That was a blatant "cheap" shot if you ask me.)
Back to top Go down
PinkSweetart

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:20 am

The Cowboys won, guys! Razz Although, I'll admit the Giants weren't playing to their potential. But still, a win is a win! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:29 am

But yikes--the Giants had 6 turnovers and it was still close? That's not a good sign for the Cowboys, Pinky. Just trying to help you manage your expectations Razz
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 am

Toro wrote:

I know how you feel though, I have felt the same way about P. Manning forever and a day it seems.

Look at the bright side, at least Mathews got a dirty hit in on him. Suspect 

(You can say it was clean, but when someone is on the sideline 99.99999999% of the players will simply bump him out, not dive at him. Especially a QB that is headed out of bounds anyway. That was a blatant "cheap" shot if you ask me.)
It obviously wasn't clean because it was against the rules. It was actually really dumb for where they were on the field. (It was also dumb that the refs didn't get the call right.) But I don't think it was intended to be a cheap shot. First of all, Matthews said after the game that it was a dumb move on his part and that he had already "committed to hitting the quarterback" on that play. With that in mind, if you actually look at the replay, Kaepernick takes one step out of bounds and immediately afterwards, Clay Matthews lunges at him from the field of play, and they both end up quite a ways into the sideline area.

It all happened pretty fast as NFL plays do, and instead of considering that he was going out of bounds, Matthews just decided he was going to go for it all the way. But he realized it was a dumb thing to do and said it was nothing personal against Kaepernick. So yes, it was dirty in the sense that it was against the rules, but the intent was not there to make a dirty play. And Clay Matthews doesn't have any sort of history of being a dirty player either.

What irks me is that Jim Harbaugh would take public verbal shots at him on Monday. It just goes to show who the classier team is. Matthews says it's nothing personal, Harbaugh takes a shot at him, and McCarthy says "We're going to stay above it." It's good to know that at least when my team wins, they do it with class. I hope Seattle wipes the field with Kaepernick and the 49ers this weekend because Harbaugh was still focused on taking shots at the Packers instead of preparing for the next game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:23 am

Wow I went to bed last night thinking the Texans game was over, but they came back and won! Wish I would've stayed up!
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Am I the only college football fan here?
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Nope! I'm going to be watching games all day.

I'm working a bit today so I'm doing my work on one computer screen and have a game going on WatchESPN on the other screen--Bowling Green vs. Indiana (because the Nebraska-UCLA game is blacked out online here). I'm going to stop work at 3:30 to watch the Alabama-Texas A&M game later, and then I'm planning to watch the Wisconsin-Arizona St. game later tonight (it starts at 10:30pm, which is ridonkulous, but oh well).
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:29 pm

There seems to be a bunch of NFL games I'd like to see this week... oh well, can't see 'em all.
Back to top Go down
TX_CO_Matt

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Paulie079 wrote:
Nope! I'm going to be watching games all day.

I'm working a bit today so I'm doing my work on one computer screen and have a game going on WatchESPN on the other screen--Bowling Green vs. Indiana (because the Nebraska-UCLA game is blacked out online here). I'm going to stop work at 3:30 to watch the Alabama-Texas A&M game later, and then I'm planning to watch the Wisconsin-Arizona St. game later tonight (it starts at 10:30pm, which is ridonkulous, but oh well).
That's all I do on autumn Saturdays. Every game that has any interest to me right now is a blowout. I'm waiting for Bama - A&M to come on. My mom wanted my dad to sell their tickets to the game since she found they would get $800 PER TICKET, but my dad said no way. (these are their seats)
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Dude. That is awesome. That would be an amazing game to see.
Back to top Go down
Strider1002

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Not bad, Matt. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Alabama is simply impressive. So fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
wannaberocker

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:37 pm

Nice to See A&M lose.
Back to top Go down
Paulie079

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:02 am

wannaberocker wrote:
Nice to See A&M lose.
Why? It's not like they've won anything lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football... the real kind... American!   

Back to top Go down

Football... the real kind... American!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next